• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Refurbing an old 1377

Started by Somnophore, November 09, 2012, 11:27:45 AM

1377x

Quote from: Somnophore on November 11, 2012, 09:09:02 PM
I've seen someone shoot themselves I'm the foot trying to decock and air rifle before :s
i did it the other day decocking oogie boogie the spring is heavy and i thought i had the grease off my fingers guess not
luckily i did it in my safety tube this thing will stand up to a 7mm round point blank.anytime i clear a weapon i do it in the tube just in case
i have a stand i set it in that puts it at a 45* angle when clearing firearms not important with air guns.why thats important i do not know.
closed mouths dont get fed

cmj21973

I can think of a few reasons while a clearing station is at an angle.
1)  At an angle rifles can be held at a more comfortable height and position for clearing.
2)  The clear tube can be made longer at an angle and still have the open of the clear tube can stay at a comfortable height.
3)  If weapon does discharge it's safer firing at an angle than straight down. An richochet will angle away from you.

1377x

that all makes sense but 45* is what most bullet trap's backstops are set at ricochet is the reason duh :-[ just didnt think about it until you mentioned it
there is over a foot of sand in the bottom of that tube iirc its 16" very safe even for the largest calibers.it weight well over 100lbs
as you probably know sand is one of the best bullet traps
closed mouths dont get fed

onebaddj

I have an old cocking knob 1377 and modded the pee wadding out of it. They are a blast and as you said they can beloaded and reay just not cocked, like having a single action pistol. I went with aluminium breech, long probe bolt, ft piston and valve, 14 in barrel, ice maker line for the transfer port and a few other parts for cosmetic prettyness. I got about 150 fps at 10 pumps incrwase if i go over 12 pumps i start to retain air in the valve cause the hammer spring will not keep the valve open long enough to let it all out.

I had to drill out the roll pin on the pump arm on mine. I think that was the hardest part of the entire build.
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.