• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

P-rod frame/assembly

Started by josey88, November 13, 2012, 09:46:53 PM

josey88

Well, guys, I just received the P-rod 2220-103 ... absolutely amazing .  It is worth every single penny . I will be installing it on my incoming 2400KT from the Custom Shop (C`mon ,Crosman , hurry up ) so I still have a couple of weeks to go . Anyway, I tried the trigger  because it comes assembled , frame and everything and , surprise , surprise , it has the safety lever , ball and spring included and all I can say is "Wow" ...  the trigger on my 1377, is , compared to the secong stage P-rod , like an arrow from the stone age to an AR-15 ... literally , so that says it all . I also received a spare Sear , just in case  and a power adjuster , so now to wait for the damn pistol .
Later on I would be interested in upgrading the pistol from CO2 to compressed air , I have an air compressor at home so I can use it , most likely

Fronzdan

That's cool!  Probably one of the best upgrades to do along with the steel breech.

Can your air compressor go that high?? 

josey88

You know, I would really like to find out . This compressor has a 2.5 HP with a 10 gallon tank . I have it set to stop at 125 psi because that is enough for my car tires and some air tools use , but it can go up to 220 psi even tho I  don`t think I would take it that high (maybe the damn thing will explode on my face ) but I will like to know what kind of pressure is necessary to have to refill a pistol with compressed air ? remember that we are talking about a very small tube compared with a 10 gallon tank

0351_Vet

Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fronzdan

Yeah that won't work.  The high pressure air applications are all in the 1200-3000 psi range.

eric

you could get a shoe box compressor to run off your shop compressor
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

arkmaker †

Quote from: eric on November 13, 2012, 11:21:46 PM
you could get a shoe box compressor to run off your shop compressor

x2

All it takes is money, bucks, jack, mullah, dinero..............etc..............
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

josey88

if a regular compressor won`t work , how people refill their tanks ? it must be expensive been refilling those tanks all the time ...

Fronzdan

josey88

I guess I better stick with CO2 for the time being

markasaurus

Quote from: josey88 on November 14, 2012, 01:48:52 AM
if a regular compressor won`t work , how people refill their tanks ? it must be expensive been refilling those tanks all the time ...

I have a marauder pistol.  This is really the same gun that you are trying to makei think. I use a hill pump to fill it.  To shoot three or four magazines (8 shots per mag) it only takes 40 pumps to bring it back to 2900 psi   I don't want to buy tanks or screw around with scuba shops.  Plus if you use scuba tanks they have to be inspected every few years, and after a time you can't use them anymore, the scuba shop will refuse to fill them.  For a PCP pistol the hill pump is the way to go.  (and only the last ten pumps require any real effort.  If you are a male and weigh over 150 it is not hard to pump a pcp pump at all).

Fronzdan

Only CF SCBA tanks "expire".  Scuba tanks can be used indefinitely if taken care of.  But agree, the fact that the CF tanks expire is what has prevented me from the big investment.

1377x

Quote from: josey88 on November 14, 2012, 01:48:52 AM
scuba tank $7 to fill 80 cubic feet 3000+psi
scba tank $10 to fill 60min/30min 4500psi+
depending on how much you shoot and how big your gun's tank is they last 2weeks minimum on up
closed mouths dont get fed

josey88

Why am I complicating my life ? no way , Jose . I have enough with all the guns and paraphernalia that comes along with it , cleaning and maintenance , ammo , etc etc . I`ll stick with CO2 that I go to Walmart and buy without problems . Cartridge is finished, I replace it with another one in 30 seconds ... done.  Bad idea ... never mind .

1377x

i was running my Oogie Boogie build off co2 the numbers were not good
now i switched to hpa and the gun has a whole new feel
its louder the pellet hits the target a lot faster. even with a heavy tank and heavy brass ldc it still has muzzle flip like a .22lr
even the sound is crisper than on co2 it had a dirty sounding pffttt now its a crisp pfftt ;)
closed mouths dont get fed