• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

folded wire stock , anyone ?

Started by josey88, November 14, 2012, 03:39:52 AM

josey88

I want to get  a wire stock for the 1377 . I like the kind that workingman sells , the bent type but I want a folded one , just like an AK . Have someone come up with a working design yet ? all it needs is to incorporate a mechanism that will fold to the left (so it won`t  interfere with the bolt), just  before the bent begins on the tube . Can not be that difficult , I think . Am thinking that the tube can be aluminum but the fold mechanism must be steel , with a push spring/button type .
I for sure will buy one . A fix wire  stock on a pistol is very inconvenient  to say the least and takes an enormous space , so a fold wire stock will be the perfect thing. I am sure that whomever make it first is going to make a lot of money .
Seen some online, very complicated and most likely expensive.
What we need is a simple bent or straight tube with a folding , compact mechanism  that would fold exactly  like an AK-47 . That would solve it .

BigErn

I ordered a folding stock a few days ago. Not sure if it's the one you mean but I'll let you know how this one works out.

josey88

Quote from: BigErn on November 14, 2012, 07:42:47 PM
I ordered a folding stock a few days ago. Not sure if it's the one you mean but I'll let you know how this one works out.
Yes , please, let me know .

markasaurus

Maybe the best way to get a folding stock on a 13xx is to buy the adapter from mellonair..  I think that you can mount a paintball gun folding stock.  There are lots of stocks to choose from   

BigErn

Quote from: markasaurus on November 15, 2012, 12:12:18 AM
Maybe the best way to get a folding stock on a 13xx is to buy the tippman adapter from mellonair..  I've you have that you can mount a paintball gun folding stock.  There are lots of stocks to choose from

I ordered one from Mellon but it's going to be a while before I get it  :(

chongman

Long days and pleasant nights to you...

1377x

gdm620 has made the tippman adapter too
i dont know if he sells them but he has made them
closed mouths dont get fed

BigErn

Quote from: chongman on November 15, 2012, 12:43:37 AM
HPA Sports also sells Tippman adapters http://www.hpasports.com/

I really like those but they are a bit too expensive for me right now. I might just paint the Mellon adapter black like the HPA one hehe...

josey88

Ok... I have seen many paintball folding stocks , but they are heavy and enormous ... as big as the ones that real firearms use ... and expensive .  I would not want something like that .
The only thing I liked is from JCS model A5 folding stock ... and cheap ,  too .
Can this thing be adapted to a 1377 with one of those Mellonair adapters that insert on the back of the tube ? it would fold , is very unobtrusive and light and affordable 

1377x

Quote from: chongman on November 15, 2012, 12:43:37 AM
HPA Sports also sells Tippman adapters http://www.hpasports.com/
Quote from: BigErn on November 15, 2012, 01:21:30 AM

I really like those but they are a bit too expensive for me right now. I might just paint the Mellon adapter black like the HPA one hehe...
wait and pay less
or
pay a premium on get it now
thats what that boils down to
if mellon raised his prices i bet the orders would slow down ;)

BigErn

Quote from: 1377x on November 15, 2012, 02:04:18 AM
wait and pay less
or
pay a premium on get it now
thats what that boils down to
if mellon raised his prices i bet the orders would slow down ;)

Yeah you're right Ed. I also have a flat top piston/valve set up coming from Mellon too so I might as well wait. This will be my last build for a while so I'm in no rush really.

The one I got is like this one
http://www.amazon.com/Tippmann-Custom-Paintball-Folding-Stock/dp/B001OBPSMY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1352943699&sr=8-4&keywords=tippmann+98+stock

1377x

Quote from: BigErn on November 15, 2012, 02:44:07 AM
Yeah you're right Ed. I also have a flat top piston/valve set up coming from Mellon too so I might as well wait. This will be my last build for a while so I'm in no rush really.

The one I got is like this one
http://www.amazon.com/Tippmann-Custom-Paintball-Folding-Stock/dp/B001OBPSMY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1352943699&sr=8-4&keywords=tippmann+98+stock
i thought the same thing about the last one for awhile
my blinging 2289g was my last ever build
then i foung out i couldnt enjoy it so the disease came back in full force accompanied by the darkside bug.now i have a 2300 hpa bottle gun a 2300 custom not a crosman custom shop gun ;) !in the works a don cothran 2260pcp,needs a trigger group/some machining and a big bore disco thats just a tube and fill adapter right now gotta get the valve and big bore upper maybe convert it to a double tube

josey88

The reason that I am inquiring about a wire  stock is that I have been shooting on my backyard with the 1377 that now has a BSA 2x20 scope and if I want some good accuracy out of it , I have to hold the gun against something solid , a bench , etc . Standing and aiming freely with the pistol like I normally do at the range with my Glock or HK  is frustrating with the airgun because the accuracy is diminished .
See , at the range my shooting is aimed not that much to exacting measures of accuracy , but to shoot faster and accurately to center body mass . It`s called double tap shooting ... been able to put a couple of shots well placed  fast , close and accurately with respect to body mass... it looks easy , but it is not , definitely not easy . 
With the airguns I can obtain some real accuracy but I will need a shoulder stock for that , no question about it , so I thought of a wire stock for the 1377 to have a variation because my 2400KT from Crosman Customs has the regular plastic shoulder stock .
Having seen that these things are expensive I guess that I would settle for the workingman bent type of wire stock and that will do ... no folding , but what the hell ,  one cannot have it all .
I need some restocking of 7.62x39 and also some .45 ACP so I better direct my money to that 

1377x

i shoot my glock30 with 30 round kriss magazine pretty good
radidfire not pause as fast as i can pull the trigger shooting i can all 30 in a 6" target at 25-30ft cant recall with the majority of my shots in a group with a few outside the group.just found the target i saved.
anyhow
grumpy just sold a detachable bent wire stock theat he had listed here on the forum last week
maybe something like that would work for you.dont know who sells them but if i new who i would get one when the funds are together

josey88

I practice at 15 yards (45 feet) and the thing is to shoot two shots as fast as you can , with aiming for accuracy ... targets are 8" by 8" . You learn the technique to shoot one and shoot again as soon as the gun`s barrel is in position again ... fast . You learn to wait for the barrel to be in position and you shoot to place the shot close to the previous ... not easy . but is is fun ... last time the range master jokinly said " I don`t ever want to be your enemy "