• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Discovery Air Tubes

Started by cohiba, November 21, 2012, 02:23:02 AM

cohiba

Good evening,

I was wondering if anyone has experience with Bryan and Associates for parts?

I have received all the parts i need to complete my 2250 xe to PCP conversion, EXCEPT the air tube itself. I have placed an order with these guys last night and was hoping to get some feed back from other members as to the quality of their parts. I am assuming it will be an exact replacement for the real Disco tube and all the parts i have will be fine.

Thanks

Crosshairs

Good stuff from them and very nice to talk to.
                              Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

1377x

when using a pcp tube it is best to use a discovery valve or drill and tap the 22xxvalve for the added security/add a bulk fill face so the tube pressurizes the valve needs operating at high pressure the 22xx valve with single 6-32 mounting screw will not be enough at least three mounting holes of 8-32 or better yet 10-32 90* apart from each other are necessary
if you are going to have the tube shortened there is a better option if you dont need a gauge
when using a discovery tube you need a gauge block ,gauge adapter and gauge.if using the crosman pistol grip frame for the trigger group the guage will hang low looking out of sorts.the answer to that is the p-rod gauge block it is steel,has a wide throat for fast shot recovery and the gauge mounts directly to it ,not hanging but a nice tight fit
for @ the same price as a shortened disco tube from bna, don cothran has pre drilled pcp tubes available in stainless steel
they dont have a gauge but can handle more pressure than the discovery tube come in 2250 or 2260 lengths
im building a .25 don cothran 2260pcp right now and a .32 discovery both will be over 50fpe with valve mods hammer mods and fill pressure.just hoping the 4-48 breech screw is enough to handle the air pressures my guns are going to be operating at.if not they will be machined for 6-32 instead of 4-48
workinmanva does some very nice mods to the discovery valves and his prices are reasonable.i am using his parts in my builds.i have a valve and hammer assembly that are nicely machined
http://www.workinmanshootingaccessories.com/CR-22XX-Disco-Conversions.html
closed mouths dont get fed

cohiba

I have ordered and received all the Disco PCP parts for this mod. I just wanted to put the top end and bottom end on it and good to go. I did not realize the gauge difference from the disco and P Rod. Im not even sure i will use a gauge or plug the hole.

Either way i appreciate your advise and help!

Cant wait for this to be done. I have 2 2250 xe outdoorsman guns that i am converting. I have installed on one the BNM breech and shroud already, feakin awesome! Burns through c02 and pellets rather quickly though!

I have a total of 6 guns i am modding, all under guidance from this forum. When done i will post the introduction of each with pictures. Each one is different and unique in their own way. Cant wait

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York