• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

So I opened up my Mellon Air order...

Started by nuevo_eph, December 08, 2012, 03:59:06 AM

nuevo_eph

It's been a while since I posted - I've had fun shooting and being busy!

4 months ago I ordered a flat top piston and valve. As you know, they take a long time to get made. In my case, 2 months.

Well, I've been busy so the package sat on my bench for a while. Tonight I decided to open it up. As I said, I ordered a "FT piston & valve" and I opened up to find... a flat top piston and a regular valve. AARRGGHHH!!! Are you kidding me? What a waste of time and I guess I have to go make this guy a flat top if I can find the right set up.

Talk about disappointing. Am I wrong in assuming that any one asking for a FT piston & valve should be interpreted as wanting FT variants of both?

Eph

1377x

contact mellon he should make it right he stands behind his product and you shouldnt have to wait anohter 2 months for the issue to be resolved
closed mouths dont get fed

jSan22

Lol.
that is one heck of screw up. i know you are probably PO'ed. after 4 months, id be pissed too.
contact him. he will fix it. i just really hope he doesnt put you at the bottom of the list and force you to wait another eternity.
he's probably been working too much in the shop.  sounds like he needs some sleep.

nuevo_eph

At this point I am just going to try and do my own since I figure the hassle of sending it back will just increase the cost even more.

1377x

well its pretty easy to do
i do all my own flat tops
with a dremel,sandpaper and very heavy pice of flat steel
i know the steel wont bend and aids in getting the face as square as possible

chongman

No other way to say it but...that sucks!  Let us know how your customer satisfaction turns out.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

nuevo_eph

I'm not going to bother going through Mellon. I get the sense that his is a labor of love and I'd rather not wait a few more weeks and delay someone else's order while he fixes a goof-up.

Also, now I have 2 valves to work with!

Crosshairs

You should have at least gave Charlie a chance to make it right before posting and crying. I get the feeling that some of us never make mistakes and always do everything right the first time. I'm sure if you call him he will do the right thing.
Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

arkmaker †

Old Mellon is human after all!!  ;D ;D

Seriously, Charlie will make it right and quickly. He always has in the past  :-* ...........

The good thing about flat topping a valve is that it only takes about 2 minutes flat. He will probably send you another while you send that one back and they will cross in the mail.

Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

1377x

Quote from: Crosshairs on December 08, 2012, 04:44:46 PM
You should have at least gave Charlie a chance to make it right before posting and crying. I get the feeling that some of us never make mistakes and always do everything right the first time. I'm sure if you call him he will do the right thing.
Mike
the guy doesnt want to have to pay return shipping which is understandable then there is the chance that he might not get the valves in a timely manner again
there is the chance mellon doesnt have any in stock too so he would still have to wait if thats the case
mellon would more than likely just ship out now valves though promptly there is that then again it might not happen like that.someone else reported that mellon made a mistake recently actually there has been more then one report.he tries to make it right
i got some parts from mellon back in march that i only opened the packages a couple weeks ago the same thing could have happened to me. i would have posted about and i would contact mellon about his mistake

check your packages when you get them

nuevo_eph

Quote from: 1377x on December 08, 2012, 06:37:48 PM
the guy doesnt want to have to pay return shipping which is understandable then there is the chance that he might not get the valves in a timely manner again
there is the chance mellon doesnt have any in stock too so he would still have to wait if thats the case
mellon would more than likely just ship out now valves though promptly there is that then again it might not happen like that.someone else reported that mellon made a mistake recently actually there has been more then one report.he tries to make it right
i got some parts from mellon back in march that i only opened the packages a couple weeks ago the same thing could have happened to me. i would have posted about and i would contact mellon about his mistake

check your packages when you get them

Yup, definitely check your packages! I spent about 20 minutes fixing the valve issue on a drill press (big bit) and am back on track. It's not worth the effort. And by that I mean I don't think Mellon would give me a hard time, but I do mean I don't want to deal with the shipping delays ON TOP of any manufacturing delays. Now I just need to find some time to put it back together, but I expect to tomorrow.

And BIG THANKS to breakfastchef for showing me his flatop picture so that I knew how much to machine off.

Shamus

Didn't read the shipping page I bet.  I would have sent a regular valve if that's the way you requested it.  "FT piston & valve"-that means FT piston and valve, not FT valve, lol.  Sorry to be mean but I was very meticulous when ordering from him because I didn't want a mistake made because I didn't follow directions.

Squallywally

Quote from: Shamus on February 01, 2013, 09:28:44 PM
Didn't read the shipping page I bet.  I would have sent a regular valve if that's the way you requested it.  "FT piston & valve"-that means FT piston and valve, not FT valve, lol.  Sorry to be mean but I was very meticulous when ordering from him because I didn't want a mistake made because I didn't follow directions.

On his home page and ordering instruction page, he is picky about how he wants the order.
I agree shamus, gotta be specific.   1 of blank, 1 of blank 1 of blank etc. etc.
Not to mention he is in manufacturing, when you deal with orders and invoices, each part becomes its own line item. If you call crosman and order a barrel band, you won't get the screw for it unless you order it.

chongman

Squallywally has it right...

Each part on it's own line. If you put flat top piston and valve that's not enough. A quick read makes me think "dude wants a flat top piston" ok "dude wants a valve" ok. These guys don't have time (backed up with orders, huge pressure to produce parts) to email you back, ask what valve you really wanted and wait for your reply. Just saying man, not meaning to jump on ya  :)
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

arkmaker †

This is a 2 month old thread guys! Bet he is right with the world by now!!

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22