• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Favorite indoor action targets

Started by pelletlauncher, December 11, 2012, 08:24:08 PM

pelletlauncher

Favorite indoor action targets:  Sometimes punching holes in paper is not enough fun; I need a target that shatters or dances around the basement when hit.  500 ml Coke caps are great, on or off the bottle, from the side or straight-on.  Screw on wine bottle caps.  Amber pill jars.  Big fun resulting in small plastic pieces all over the basement.   Not shown are wine bottle corks—with 10 pumps on my 1322 at 10 meters the pellets bury, but do not bust-up the cork.  Any other suggestions?

storsy

Packets of "exploding" mints.
Keep your basement smelling fresh too. :-*
it is ok that we protect animals rights,
But much more important,
We protect our HUMAN rights.....

Scotland-UK

BDS

+1 to the "mints" and Necco Wafers if they still make e'm, plastic army-men, .45 ACP casings
Brian

PC77

Balloons with chalkline chalk in them are fun. You can make molds out of modeling clay and mix fixall watery and cast targets.
pc

breakfastchef

Chalk
Gamo Squirrel Field Target
Red Yeast Rice tablets
Replacement Xmas light bulbs
Larry

Fronzdan

Hey how does that Gamo FT squirrel work indoors?  Do you end up with lead bouncing back at you?  I have one but haven't used it yet.  I was saving it for outdoors.

breakfastchef

Quote from: Fronzdan on December 12, 2012, 03:34:15 AM
Hey how does that Gamo FT squirrel work indoors?  Do you end up with lead bouncing back at you?  I have one but haven't used it yet.  I was saving it for outdoors.

The pellets mushroom on impact and do not fall far from the target. I was concerned about using this at 10M indoors, but it is working fine for me. Using smaller reducers sure makes it challenging when shooting offhand.
Larry

JEBert

SweeTarts (the candy).  You can drill some small holes in a board, insert golf tees in the holes, and set SweeTarts onto the tees.  Then see what it does to the SweeTart when the pellet hits it.  You can get SweeTartsin two different sizes.
I've had golf tees, SweeTarts, and practice golf balls (the plastic ones) around for over a year and haven't had a chance to shoot them at yet.  I've been saving pill bottles that long too.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

Fronzdan

Quote from: breakfastchef on December 12, 2012, 04:13:11 AM
The pellets mushroom on impact and do not fall far from the target. I was concerned about using this at 10M indoors, but it is working fine for me. Using smaller reducers sure makes it challenging when shooting offhand.

Ok Larry I'll take your word for it. I'll mount mine on some plywood and give it a try.

I have one of those Gamo resettable boxes. That still drops lead outside the box.

cmj21973

Beer bottle caps.
Drill hole for string and hang them so they swing freely in front of a backstop or  pellet trap.

droid

My latest favourite is the bathroom door  :-[

I seem to have shot straight through it when testing some guns, as my wife kindly pointed out to me  ;)  Ooops
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

cmj21973

Quote from: droid on December 12, 2012, 10:05:38 AM
My latest favourite is the bathroom door  :-[

I seem to have shot straight through it when testing some guns, as my wife kindly pointed out to me  ;)  Ooops

Might want to repace it with a solid door. :-* Alot easier to patch and safer if it's occupied. :o

droid

Quote from: cmj21973 on December 12, 2012, 11:35:14 AM
Might want to repace it with a solid door. :-* Alot easier to patch and safer if it's occupied. :o

Unfortunately I have got to replace it now anyway  ;)

Luckily I mustn't have hit it with my DAQ otherwise it would have gone through the bath too.

Gary
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk