• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

a way to color the front sight on the 357

Started by howie1968, December 23, 2012, 04:48:44 PM

howie1968

is there a way to highlight or color the front sight on the 357? the black is fine but in low light on my old eyes it blurs slightly, i tried using a sharpie that was aluminum color but that didnt help much so i used acetone to get it off bad mistake lol luckily i had some flat black paint that i paint the steel targets with so now it looks new again. I am open to any suggestions on improving the sight picture
I am a hunting guide In texas and Colorado
Crosman 2240
2 crosman 357
crosman 2289
Benjamin xl1100 22
QB 78 177
QB 78 22

BigErn

Mask the barrel with tape then spray paint the front blade any color you want.

howie1968

Crosman 2240
2 crosman 357
crosman 2289
Benjamin xl1100 22
QB 78 177
QB 78 22

farrlarr

Simply use a narrow paint brush and paint the blade any color that contrasts well for you.  Bright yellow or orange usually works well for most folks but you may want to experiment a bit before painting yours.  Generally, if the color you put on doesn't work for you, simply painting the next color over it usually works.  There really isn't any need to remove the first color; in fact, painting over the silver you had originally applied would have resulted in the newly painted color showing up better than if painted over flat black.
Larry in Idaho

"A man's got to know his limitations."

breakfastchef

I have tried different colors on the front sights of a few Crosman pistol and always go back to black. It just works best. Fiber optic sights can be useful, but in low light situations, there is often not enough light to make them useful.

If this is purely a vision thing, an aperture may be just what you need. I use the EyePal, but other similar devices are available.
Larry

Crosshairs

Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

howie1968

crosshairs, do i paint the whole front ramp red or just the top?
Crosman 2240
2 crosman 357
crosman 2289
Benjamin xl1100 22
QB 78 177
QB 78 22

farrlarr

I suggest that you experiment a bit with painting the front blade.  Does painting part of it work for you?  If so, stop there.  If you need the whole ramp painted to draw your eye to the best sight picture, do so.  On the 357, you will obviously have to paint at least part of the ramp since painting only the top of the blade doesn't give you much color to look for.
Larry in Idaho

"A man's got to know his limitations."

mudduck48

Here is what I did and it works great. And if you do not want it on there, just take your finger nail and scrape it off. Look at the white dots on my P17.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

arkmaker †

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

dptrucker32chip

I used  Auto touch up paint . White !    :-*
Dave   8)
Dave