• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

A Shot In The Dark

Started by AS13, January 04, 2013, 07:08:44 PM

AS13

I picked up the 382 piece Nitrile oring and 200 piece spring set from Harbor Freight yesterday. Wasn't sure if I would get anything I could use on the 2400KT. The oring kit had 22- 006 orings. Great, will fit the .22 bolt. The spring kit had 10 compression springs the same od and id of the factory sear spring :-* So I went ahead and made up a new sear spring. The wire thickness on the harbor freight springs were slighltly smaller. This turned out great. Gave me more fine tuning on the spring tension/trigger pull. The oring kit was $3.99 and the spring set $10.00. Probably never use the rest of the rings or springs. But for the price it was worth a shot.
The only thing I didn't have was a .22lr case for a spring guide. I went to my junk nut & bolt box and found some plastic wall anchors. I found one that would fit inside the spring, cut it down and it works.

Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

"Anything made can be made better."

AgentWD40_FL

Just recently came across another way .... if a .22LR case isnt available.  Pop rivets.  They are even rounded which I would think would be helpful.  I'll try the rivet someday ... :)
Flying Dragon XS60C .22 Co2 Air Rifle w/Hawke Sport HD 3-9X40 AO Scope
Hatsan Mod 25 Supercharger .177
Crosman 38T .177 (Circa 1976)
Crosman 38C .22 (Circa 1963-1974)
Crosman Mark 1 Target .22 (Circa 1970's)
Crosman 1740 (2240 Modded) Carbine w/Bushnell 3-9X32
Crosman 2300KT CCS .177 w/Tasco 2x20
Crosman 1377 w/BSA Red Dot
Beeman P-17
Gamo PT-85 w/Laser Sight
Crosman 357

chongman

Dang, that's a great score!

I just paid 12 bucks and some change for the same o-ring kit from McMaster-Carr  ???
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

AS13

Lot of good deals at HF. If you have one in your area, its worth checking out. A lot of times they will run special "in store" sales. Before Xmas they had the mini-lathe on sale for $399.00. Unfortunately I have no room for one >:(
http://www.harborfreight.com/7-inch-x-10-inch-precision-mini-lathe-93212.html
Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

Fronzdan

Yeah I had good luck with the dry wall anchor things as well.

That whole o-ring kit was 4 bucks??

AS13

Yep...The wife picked em up for me. They might have had an in store sale. Between that and her coupons she can wheel and deal :-*
Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

1377x

nice score!!

Quote from: chongman on January 04, 2013, 07:37:22 PM
Dang, that's a great score!
you will use more o-rings than you think especially when you get into 1377's and flat top pistons.bolt o-rings get used more than you know also
there are many uses for them

I just paid 12 bucks and some change for the same o-ring kit from McMaster-Carr  ???

probably the highest prices for o-rings but you get what you are supposed to
i have been using harbor freight o-rings for years finally ran out of the sized i need most
closed mouths dont get fed

josey88

I too started experimenting with my 1377 , and after installing a spring kit from TKO and polishing the hell out of the trigger components , even thou it improved a lot , I still wasn`t happy .
Then , my .22 cal 2400KT arrived ... by then , I had done some research and not wanting to have the same thing repeated , I ordered the Marauder P-rod frame /assembly .
Boy, what a difference ...!!!  that was it .  I needed to mod the hammer , but it was a piece of cake .
This is really what I wanted ... I was so impressed with it that when I ordered another 2400KT again (this time in .177 cal , to have the pair) I also ordered another P-rod set .
I have modded and massaged the 1377 trigger highly , and now it is acceptable , but it does not compare to the P-rod trigger straight from the box  in a million years .
My suggestion : if you want a trigger that you can even do competition  with it , spend the $37.00 and get the P-rod . Once you try it , you won`t settle for anything else

1377x

Quote from: josey88 on January 05, 2013, 05:50:49 PM
I too started experimenting with my 1377 , and after installing a spring kit from TKO and polishing the hell out of the trigger components , even thou it improved a lot , I still wasn`t happy .
Then , my .22 cal 2400KT arrived ... by then , I had done some research and not wanting to have the same thing repeated , I ordered the Marauder P-rod frame /assembly .
Boy, what a difference ...!!!  that was it .  I needed to mod the hammer , but it was a piece of cake .
This is really what I wanted ... I was so impressed with it that when I ordered another 2400KT again (this time in .177 cal , to have the pair) I also ordered another P-rod set .
I have modded and massaged the 1377 trigger highly , and now it is acceptable , but it does not compare to the P-rod trigger straight from the box  in a million years .
My suggestion : if you want a trigger that you can even do competition  with it , spend the $37.00 and get the P-rod . Once you try it , you won`t settle for anything else
i have a light sear spring and polished sear/trigger contacts in my 2 screw all metal grip frame just for kicks i added a marauder pistol trigger to it and it became a whole new trigger group feels just like the marauder trigger pull to me no creep light and short.the only difference is as long as i hold the trigger the sear stays down and no worry about sear drag :-*
closed mouths dont get fed