• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

muzzle brake

Started by blake.l, January 06, 2013, 01:41:35 AM

blake.l

My CCS gun I ordered will have the crosman muzzle brake on it. I was wondering would I see any difference between it and one of the TKO muzzle breaks? Are there any other benefits with the TKO muzzle brake besides maybe cutting down on sound and looks?

mr007s

Quote from: blake.l on January 06, 2013, 01:41:35 AM
My CCS gun I ordered will have the crosman muzzle brake on it. I was wondering would I see any difference between it and one of the TKO muzzle breaks? Are there any other benefits with the TKO muzzle brake besides maybe cutting down on sound and looks?

If you need a reduction in sound for your shooter the TKO will be your pick. I have the CCS brake and do not hear any sound reduction. The TKO will most likely be longer, heavier, and cost much more but will quiet things down.

I like the brake from CCS for looks and to have a front site, thats all.

arkmaker †

The tko will be longer but lighter  :-*
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

blake.l

Quote from: mr007s on January 06, 2013, 01:51:50 AM
If you need a reduction in sound for your shooter the TKO will be your pick. I have the CCS brake and do not hear any sound reduction. The TKO will most likely be longer, heavier, and cost much more but will quiet things down.

I like the brake from CCS for looks and to have a front site, thats all.

Yep I like the one from CCS for looks also and like you said you have a front site also. As for noise that's not a problem since I live in the sticks no one to bother around here....

quickster47 †

Most muzzle brakes on Crosman airguns are for the aesthetics as there is basically no barrel rise/flip when the gun is fired and that's the original design intention of muzzle brakes, to control barrel rise.

Therefore, the CCS pieces are pretty nice and add a 'kool' look to our guns.  Plus they offer that built in front sight and that is a good thing.

Arkmaker, as well as a few others, have made some first class muzzle brakes.  I have a couple of his pieces and am proud to show them off.

Those piecces from TKO are really excellent LDCs although there are some who claim that for what they do they cost too much.  Just shows to go you that 'to each his own'.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

1377x

the ccs muzzle brake is a a muzzle brake
tko is a si,lenc,er- muzzle brake, ldc is just other ways to say it
closed mouths dont get fed

chongman

It's very easy to put a front sight on a TKO LDC. Drill,tap, wala!
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

1377x

heck you could drill blue loc-tite a stud in there same effect ;)

JEBert

Two other things that the Crosman muzzle brake does that hasn't been mentioned:
1 - It adds a little weight forward to help steady the movement while aiming, and 2 - protects the crown from damage.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

1377x

Quote from: JEBert on January 06, 2013, 07:04:52 PM
Two other things that the Crosman muzzle brake does that hasn't been mentioned:
1 - It adds a little weight forward to help steady the movement while aiming, and 2 - protects the crown from damage.
Cheers,
good catch!!

matty

I don't have any experience with the Crosman brake but the TKO is excellent.  Makes backyard shooting a reality for me.

Tater

Quote from: matty on January 07, 2013, 05:33:49 AM
I don't have any experience with the Crosman brake but the TKO is excellent.  Makes backyard shooting a reality for me.

+1 to that.    :-*
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

onebaddj

I have a tko break on my 22xx guns and my 1377. They are awesome. My wife works nights so i cant shoot around the house during the day without them.
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

1377x

no tko for me the one i received was of poor quality
i have others though that are better of higher quality