• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

All hopped up on co2

Started by mackelby, January 07, 2013, 08:13:22 PM

mackelby

As I said earlier I have a 2240 on the way, (couple weeks) but i have a 2289 that hasn't been touched other than couple hundred pellets run through it. Ready to take trigger rear sear apart and polish. Maybe new sear spring. (am I saying that correctly)? NEVER had an air gun apart. Any good video that lay out the process. Really need video, not sure I always understand nomenclature. But I am ALL hopped up and ready to disassemble. At work at this time, but by sundown I will be inside and looking to fulfill my need to modify. Sure I will be asking for help tonight. Don't be scarce tonight, some of you mod kings, you know who you are!!! I am at the bottom of the learning curve, be patient with me.

BDS

There is a ton of info here and on the web.

PM one of our members "Crosshairs" (Mike) for his videos. You can find him on many of the posts and send him a PM.
Brian

mackelby

mudduck48

The disassembly of the 2289,1322 and 1377 are the same.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLSnFP1hSEU#ws]Crosman 1377 disassembly[/url]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUNpGingSxk#ws]Crosman 1377 frame disassembly[/url]

These are some of Crosshairs vids
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

mudduck48

We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

breakfastchef

Go here - http://www.tko22.com/info.html

Three parts video series specific to the 2240.
Larry

mackelby

I thought I had seen one of the most helpful forums when I joined "thesamba.com", I am a Volkswagen freak, but I will have to re-think my position. You guys are great. Not only does the help appear to be top notch , the SPEED in which the help comes is mind bending, thanks again, all!

RC1947

Instead of buying a new spring, compressing the stock spring between your fingers can shorten it about 1/8", which will make a significant difference in the pull. RC

BDS

And... you can fine tune the tension (or spring length) with very thin flat washers on the frame post that holds the spring, I think it's a 10-32 flat washer (thin) ones from Lowes etc.
Brian

Fronzdan

I don't know what's said in the videos...but before you do any work in the trigger frame here's a warning...be careful not to lose your safety spring and ball bearing!!!

The best way to avoid that is to remove the entire frame from the air tube first and put those little buggers in a safe place, removing them from the top while under no tension.   You might be tempted to just remove the side cover and start pulling out the pieces to polish.  You might even be successful doing so a few times. But chances are very good that there will be a time when it goes flying off into the black hole of safety springs and ball bearings to join the ones we've all lost.

mackelby

Thanks for tip. Just got home, my aunt was admitted into the hospital, had to go see her. Not going to get to gun tonight. I will be watching videos and getting psyched.

Fronzdan

Welcome to the addiction.  Once you crack open one of these babies, that's it. 

BigErn

Quote from: mackelby on January 07, 2013, 10:16:03 PM
I thought I had seen one of the most helpful forums when I joined "thesamba.com", I am a Volkswagen freak,

:) 8) I'm on the samba too, another VW freak here!

mackelby

BigErn , Volkswagens are just like air guns, EVERYBODY should have a couple.

BigErn

Quote from: mackelby on January 08, 2013, 12:44:20 PM
BigErn , Volkswagens are just like air guns, EVERYBODY should have a couple.

Lol! A have a couple of airguns but only one VW, a 74 standard.