• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Camo your shooter

Started by Crosshairs, January 08, 2013, 01:38:07 PM

Crosshairs

This looks pretty cool.
                     Mike
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWf2jq-BQKs#ws]Camo It kit - DIY Airgun Reporter Series Episode 2[/url]
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

BigErn

That is cool Mike! He makes it look so easy.

Crosshairs

Quote from: BigErn on January 08, 2013, 02:44:59 PM
That is cool Mike! He makes it look so easy.
i think if you take your time and lay out a plan it wont be so bad that thumb hole made it a bit more difficult.
Mike

Fronzdan

If I did that there'd be creases, areas with bare wood showing, bloodstains and a lot of wasted camo stuff.   ;)

BDS

Might want to read up on this stuff, some comments on the web about "rust" on steel parts when the camo was finally removed or scraped off.

Like most surface finishing, it's all about the prep I'm sure. A super dry and clean surface would be priority 1 except... heat gun + vinyl wrapping may cause condensation regardless?
Brian

Crosshairs

Quote from: BDS on January 08, 2013, 07:50:08 PM
Might want to read up on this stuff, some comments on the web about "rust" on steel parts when the camo was finally removed or scraped off.

Like most surface finishing, it's all about the prep I'm sure. A super dry and clean surface would be priority 1 except... heat gun + vinyl wrapping may cause condensation regardless?
yeah once it's heated it's very pliable.

HappyHunter

Quote from: BDS on January 08, 2013, 07:50:08 PM

Good call!  :-*

I haven't used it myself, but my younger brother did his .308  deer rifle in camo vinyl wrap, and it rusted  >:(.  Not this exact brand mind you, but still vinyl, nonetheless. When he peeled it off, there was a fair bit of moisture trapped there.

He never even would have known about it, except he decided to put a different pattern on. After seeing that though, he stripped the rifle down, re-blued it, and no vinyl has touched it since!  ;D

Todd

Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

BDS

Quote from: HappyHunter on January 08, 2013, 10:55:41 PM
Good call!  :-*

I haven't used it myself, but my younger brother did his .308  deer rifle in camo vinyl wrap, and it rusted  >:(.  Not this exact brand mind you, but still vinyl, nonetheless. When he peeled it off, there was a fair bit of moisture trapped there.

He never even would have known about it, except he decided to put a different pattern on. After seeing that though, he stripped the rifle down, re-blued it, and no vinyl has touched it since!  ;D

Todd

Easy to see how this happens... take a piece of steel pipe at ambient temp and avg humidity, hit it with a heat gun and watch it sweat until all the moisture is gone. Prob is, as it cools, it attracts mositure again. Not sure how to overcome this and need to think it through cause I like the heat-shrink concept. Still... this product could/should be fine for plastic pump arms and grips etc.
Brian

Squallywally

Looks great but keep in mind I did my gun for four dollars
Pull it off and then put it back on again three or four more times.
All for the price of $4.  If there is a little stick um left, goo gone takes it right off.

RC1947

Wally, that's a fantastic camo job. RC