• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Dovetail Scope Rings

Started by blake.l, January 08, 2013, 03:49:24 PM

blake.l

Looking at some dovetail rings for my CCs 2300Kt with long crosman steel breech which I don't have yet >:( anyone know off hand what size dovetail it might be? Standard, 11mm, 3/8, 7/8??

Blake

BDS

Any standard (3/8") set of rings will work.
Brian

Crosshairs

Go for the BKL rings you won't be disappointed.
Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

breakfastchef

Quote from: BDS on January 08, 2013, 03:58:23 PM
Any standard (3/8") set of rings will work.

X2. 3/8" and 11mm are often used interchangeably. Next on your list is to figure out if you need low, medium or high rings. Nothing is so simple as it appears.
Larry

WyoMan

Quote from: Crosshairs on January 08, 2013, 04:05:01 PM
Go for the BKL rings you won't be disappointed.
Mike
+1 -  Solid & centered  :-*
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

blake.l

Thanks for the reply's guys... NOW, how will I know if I need the low, medium, or high? Scope is a Millett SP-1 RED DOT....

JEBert

I usually want my scopes as low as I can get them without the bell touching any part of the breech or barrel because I want to keep the trajectory arc to a minimum between the muzzle and the distance to zero.  When shooting paper at consistent distances that is not much of a consern.  However, it needs to be high enough to load the pellets, and there are a couple of other things to consider
Do you plan to add a shoulder stock?   If so what kind of stock do you plan on getting?   Your cheek weld on the stock will have your eye at a certain height and depending on the type of stock, you may not be able to get your eye low enough to see through a scope mounted on low rings.  Rings that are too high can keep you from getting a good cheek weld too.
Also, do you plan to use a taco hold when shooting as a pistol?  If you use a taco hold, you will need high enough rings for your fingers to not get in the line-of-sight Or you will need to hold your support hand around the scope along with the barrel.
I usually just have to try at least one set of low or medium height rings and then figure out how much higher or lower I want the scope.  The hard part for me is figuring just out HOW high or low is high or low for a particular brand of rings.
Good luck,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

WyoMan

All good points Mr. Bert  :-* I like mine high enough to see-through with open sights and that lets me load pellets easy  :)
Point blank range, cant, and possible droop mounting topics to research.....  ???
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

blake.l

Thanks for the info Jerry, Wyo :-*

eric

"I usually just have to try at lease one set of low or medium height rings and then figure out how much higher or lower I want the scope.  The hard part for me is figuring just out HOW high or low is high or low for a particular brand of rings."  a point on this is --- not all rings or mounts are made the same ,meaning that some lows maybe a medium when compared to others and so on 
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

JEBert

Quotea point on this is --- not all rings or mounts are made the same ,meaning that some lows maybe a medium when compared to others and so on 
Exactly!  I use to rob a gun I already had a scope mounted on of it's rings temporarily to try a new scope on a new gun.   Then measure how much lower it can go and measure just how tall the rings are, then measure other rings I can get my hands on in a brick and mortar store.  However, on my 1377, I bought the only 1" scope  rings WalMart had that would fit 3/8" rimfire scope rails and they turned out to be just right.  Then when I wanted to mount one higher because of a different stock on a different 1377, I ordered medium and high rings online.  The medium rings worked out just right and I still have the high rings in the package.  They were cheap so I will just probably hang on to them in case I ever need them.  Also, I now have 4 sets of 1" rimfire scope rings to measure the height of for comparison.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

crossliner

I am a BKL lover myself I have some coming..They only have 2 heights  medium and  high but the former will accommodate scopes w/ 44mm objectives..I have no problem loading pellets w/ the medium version. Best regards.

AgentWD40_FL

My 1377 in the pic below has AccuShot High-Profile rings.  The 2300KT has a much lower profile rings (I dont know anything about these rings.  I've had them for a long time, and came off a Winchester lever action .22)

I have semi fat fingers, but no problem loading pellets in either gun.  I also had no problem sighting in the 1377 with the high profile.  Scope seemed to have plenty of adjustment to zero in from such a high vantage point.

If I were to do it again, the 1377 would have a lower profile mount ... purely for cosmetics.

Flying Dragon XS60C .22 Co2 Air Rifle w/Hawke Sport HD 3-9X40 AO Scope
Hatsan Mod 25 Supercharger .177
Crosman 38T .177 (Circa 1976)
Crosman 38C .22 (Circa 1963-1974)
Crosman Mark 1 Target .22 (Circa 1970's)
Crosman 1740 (2240 Modded) Carbine w/Bushnell 3-9X32
Crosman 2300KT CCS .177 w/Tasco 2x20
Crosman 1377 w/BSA Red Dot
Beeman P-17
Gamo PT-85 w/Laser Sight
Crosman 357

blake.l

Couple nice looking shooters you got. :-* :-*

AgentWD40_FL

Thanks ... I've been enjoying them alot!!
Flying Dragon XS60C .22 Co2 Air Rifle w/Hawke Sport HD 3-9X40 AO Scope
Hatsan Mod 25 Supercharger .177
Crosman 38T .177 (Circa 1976)
Crosman 38C .22 (Circa 1963-1974)
Crosman Mark 1 Target .22 (Circa 1970's)
Crosman 1740 (2240 Modded) Carbine w/Bushnell 3-9X32
Crosman 2300KT CCS .177 w/Tasco 2x20
Crosman 1377 w/BSA Red Dot
Beeman P-17
Gamo PT-85 w/Laser Sight
Crosman 357