• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

What is it and where does it go

Started by mackelby, January 09, 2013, 02:46:10 AM

mackelby

Taking trigger group off tube and this part came out. Hope the pic makes it. By the way, don't have a clue how to use my camera. Oh yea, its a 2289g

woody67

Thats the part that goes in the garbage if the gun is shooting well.....

eric

i can only guess that there is a hole the rear of the grib frame (not the screw hole but one between that one and the actaul grip) --- see if it fits it there,if not then your guess is as good as mine .if it does then it helps the some movement out of the stock iirc
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

airguns100

That is a stock part for your 1377/2289 removable stock. Do not lose that piece, there should also be a small spring that fits inside it.

Part # 1389A006
http://www.crosman.com/pdf/manuals/crosman/2289/C2289-EVP.pdf
The OG gangster of the "bling"

Fronzdan

Lol, nope.  It's the part that holds the stock on.  There's a spring to go with it.  Hope ya didn't lose it.  There's a hole at the back of the frame. That thing goes in it with a spring.

breakfastchef

Larry

airguns100

The OG gangster of the "bling"

mackelby

Is this where I start cussing. Spring is gone. Thanks for the help. Great .50 spring and 10.00 freight.

mackelby

Found it. More proof that I should be modifying. Quick question is 600 grit to coarse for initial polishing. Thought I had some 1000.

breakfastchef

Quote from: mackelby on January 09, 2013, 03:25:42 AM
Found it. More proof that I should be modifying. Quick question is 600 grit to coarse for initial polishing. Thought I had some 1000.

Should be fine. Sometimes there is a bit of surface coating on the psrts that may need a little extra work with 600, but it is doable.
Larry

chongman

For polishing the trigger parts...

Next time you are at WalMart or a store that has a beauty supply, i.e. stuff for finger nails check out the emery boards. They come in all sorts of grits all the way to polishing. It's okay if you go down that isle, just don't look anybody in the eye  ;D
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

mackelby

I will, and I will hold head high. I have it almost completely apart. I still have to get the roll pin out. Menards didn't have it. I will try again after work tomorrow. I do see how the sear could use shimmed. Been polishing with 600 paper, my fingers hurt.  Don' t want to spend lots on lube. Did I see where some good ol 30 wt NT will work? Not sure when to start another thread.

Fronzdan

I actually use a sharpening stone for polishing the trigger group parts at first, then finish it off with 1600 grit.

Glad you found the spring!

Davio

Quote from: mackelby on January 09, 2013, 02:46:10 AM
Taking trigger group off tube and this part came out. Hope the pic makes it. By the way, don't have a clue how to use my camera. Oh yea, its a 2289g

That is the pin and spring that allow the backpacker stock to just slide on and up into that pin to hold the stock onto the grip frame (no screws required).  If your gun is firing at all, don't throw that away.  ;)

BTW it is the same spring that is on the safety as well.  Lemme know if you need any of that.
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

chongman

Quote from: mackelby on January 09, 2013, 05:33:13 AM
I will, and I will hold head high. I have it almost completely apart. I still have to get the roll pin out. Menards didn't have it. I will try again after work tomorrow. I do see how the sear could use shimmed. Been polishing with 600 paper, my fingers hurt.  Don' t want to spend lots on lube. Did I see where some good ol 30 wt NT will work? Not sure when to start another thread.

While you have your head held high (be proud) wander over to the boat supplies and look for a small tube of white lithium grease. It's also used for skateboard wheel bearings and fishing reels. You want something that's going to stay where you put it to lube the contact point of the sear and trigger.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...