• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

practicing with the 2400kt in 22cal (pics)

Started by josey88, January 09, 2013, 10:41:26 PM

josey88

Practicing with my 2400KT ...
This is 35 shots (one powerlet) at a distance of 23 meters , standing and gun rested on top of a backyard  deck ... not that bad , really !!!

BDS

Brian

RC1947

1377x

are letting the gun rest between shots?
you know rapid fire with co2 can change poi
closed mouths dont get fed

arkmaker †

Nice shooting. Looks good with that scope. Bug Buster?
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

breakfastchef

Very good results. The Leapers SWAT scope looks greal on the carbine.
Larry

josey88

Quote from: 1377x on January 11, 2013, 09:35:07 AM
are letting the gun rest between shots?
you know rapid fire with co2 can change poi
Is it , really ?
So , that is why sometimes , out of the blue one shot gets deviated ... ? I have been wondering about that ... Why some shots deviate without (to me) a logical explanation ... I was blaming it on the pellets , that perhaps some are defective , and also on the crown so I examined it real good and polished it to perfection , but sometimes keep happening ... and it turns out that it is the shooting in rapid frecuency !!!   
I just load the pellet , aim and shoot , maybe at times I do it more faster than others and that is when it ocurrs ... Wow , I had no idea ...
From now on I will take my time  in between shots .  This busines of airguns ... there is alway something new to learn ...
Thanks , Ed . As always , your advice is full of knowledge and experience

1377x

i think this topic has been talked about a lot in the last week that i noticed
its the reason i switched to hpa.i that and i didnt like the performance of my gun on co2 plus its less than 32*F here all that plays into a less effective gun.do you think i could get 40fpe or 70fpe out of co2? ;) ,maybe if i designed a gun to do so,why do that when there is hpa :-*
i like to rapid fire and cant do that with co2.even though when i rapid fire with hpa the gun still gets ice cold but i doesnt hurt my groups

josey88

I understand your point of view .
On the other hand , here in Florida (it is 78 degress today) I don`t have to worry about the cold .
The thing is that judging the pros and cons of HPA  , to me there are more cons than pros .  I only shoot airguns at my backyard on paper targets .  The equipment necessary to get HPA is cumbersome, tanks , hoses , valves , a close shop to refill , etc etc etc . 
I would prefer CO2  on those 88gr tanks that allow a lot of rds on one of those , but there is the con that if don`t want to shoot 200 or 250 rds that day , I am committed anyway  because I inserted the 88gr cartridge , so it is either I shoot it or I waste it ...
After thinking this dilemma for some time , I have arrived to the conclusion that the powerlet CO2 on 12 grs are the thing for me ... it is a very flexible way ... it last around 35 rds and if I want to replace it , that `s fine , otherwise am done and I haven`t wasted anything .
I don`t hunt ... the squirrels here are nice and beautiful and there are no rats , so I shoot only paper target and the power of the CO2 is good enough .. the .22cal hits the target very hard and even thou I have a 3/4  inch piece of plywood where I place the paper target at a distance of 23 meters , I already had to nail another 3/4 inch plywood piece on top of the old one because the impacts were starting to break thru . I can`t imagine what HPA would do to the plywood ...lol 

1377x

those 88g carts are not use it or waste it
i had the same 88g cart in my gun for a long time over a month maybe over 2 months depending on how long i actually used it cant remember
usless your gun has a leak it can be used until it is gone
my shotgun bb gun takes 88g cart i still have the cart in it from last spring or summer when i got the gun.i have shot it probably over 500x so it should be close to empty anyhow.next spring i'll find out if it still has co2 in it.im not worried about the seals, i read of others doing the same with that gun
for hpa depending on the regulation you can leave it at factory settings and it will be 850psi like co2.now the way i have mine set up you might need to add a third board to the backstop.with my heavy hitters you would want to add steel to the backstop one is hitting harder than a 22lr pistol and the other close to it.the way my valves are modded they can be detuned but not much unless i use a light hammer and heavy valve spring
just remember if you are in a condition to pump, the hpa guns can be pumped. if done right pumping wont be much shoot from 2000psi to 1500psi depending on the set up that can be 100 shots with the ability to shoot down to 1100psi giving hundreds and hundreds of shots ???
i am thinking of getting a pump to go with my scuba tank 
then i can fill my guns to 3000psi then pump them to 3400-3500psi wont take much effort

crossliner

Hi Mr. Josey what can you comment about the crosshair? Are they thinner than the one on the Leapers'? How about the weight is it very heavy? Best regards.

josey88

Quote from: crossliner on January 13, 2013, 02:33:27 AM
Hi Mr. Josey what can you comment about the crosshair? Are they thinner than the on the Leapers'? How about the weight is it very heavy? Best regards.
The crosshairs are kind of thick , being a Leapers scope but really , no big deal ... it is acceptable . Once you use it a few times you get more familiarized with the crosshairs and it stop being an issue . Also because of the power of the scope , 3-12x44 and with a side parallax that it is very precise , you can get a really good , neat target view .
The scope is heavy , but in a carbine it doesn`t matter that much if you use your shoulders . If you are going to use it on a pistol that you will be shooting standing freely , then it is heavy . I am waiting for another 2400KT from The Crosman Custom Shop and I ordered the same scope but this time I ordered the full size . I don`t care since I shoot standing or seated but with the gun resting either on a Deck or on a bench on my backyard . The parallax on those scopes is very good and it starts at 10 yards and if you order the side wheel you can get a very precise view.  Of course , these are $100.00 scopes , and for that price they are very good , but you get what you pay for , so don`t anybody think that it will be getting a Vortex or a US Optics  for that money ... the only problem I find with them , and for that matter with all cheap scopes ,  is that you have to concentrate more in aiming to fix the image on the crosshairs , because of the cheap lenses  and they are also heavy , but for what they cost and for airgun use they are great  in my opinion . I am using 8x  and I find that very adecuate for shooting 1 inch bulls at 23 meters .  The color lighting of the crosshairs is nice , but of no consecuence ... another feature that has no real use , but it works correctly for whom ever may want to use it . 
The turrets work ok  and the clicks are precise , also with lock and back to zero , which is very convenient and useful . Both model come with flip up covers , very nice ones .

crossliner

Ah thank you sir I think I will go for the thinner-reticled Hawkes then. Good thing on the 2nd 2400KT I have 2 myself w/c was a pain in the arse and very expensive too to get to the Phils..They are very accurate bench rested my .177 x 24" one would do half inch groups down to 40 yards..A feat because I was using this tiny scope and a 7.8 grain local pellet that is a perfect match for the Crosman barrel..I chronoed it yesterday ( my 2400kt is unmodified ) and it was doing 689 fps but then again Philippines is a hot country. Best regards.

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Leapers_UTG_4x32_Rifle_Scope_Mil_Dot_Reticle_1_4_MOA_1_Tube_3_8_Rings/3015

josey88

Quote from: crossliner on January 13, 2013, 06:15:43 AM
Ah thank you sir I think I will go for the thinner-reticled Hawkes then. Good thing on the 2nd 2400KT I have 2 myself w/c was a pain in the arse and very expensive too to get to the Phils..They are very accurate bench rested my .177 x 24" one would do half inch groups down to 40 yards..A feat because I was using this tiny scope and a 7.8 grain local pellet that is a perfect match for the Crosman barrel..I chronoed it yesterday ( my 2400kt is unmodified ) and it was doing 689 fps but then again Philippines is a hot country. Best regards.

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Leapers_UTG_4x32_Rifle_Scope_Mil_Dot_Reticle_1_4_MOA_1_Tube_3_8_Rings/3015

That is exactly what I ordered : another 2400 kt in .177 cal with the 24" barrel ... these little guns are accurate and I expect that the .177 will do even better than the .22cal .
About the Leapers scopes , keep in mind that these are 30mm tubes and the crosshairs  , being kind of thick , are , as I said before , not really a big deal because of the scope x power that make thicker crosshairs  negligible and a non issue . These also have a side Parallax .  They are a good value for the price and to shoot airguns with them , these scopes are more than sufficient . That is why , after reviewing lots of lower  price scopes , I bought another Leapers scope .   I have a Target scope in one of my .308 cal rifles and the crosshairs are very thin , but it also costs $500.00 and has a 19 inch length .