• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Need help! 2289 backpacker stock internals (spring and pin) photo anyone?

Started by cshooter, January 10, 2013, 08:40:11 AM

cshooter

Is anyone has or can made 2289 backpacker fast detach stock internals (spring and pin) and how they are placed together? As I understand right it's easy to mod "standard stock" to this feature but it's hard to imagine how it's put together without pics.

Thank You guys!

arkmaker †

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,8587.msg97446.html#msg97446

Here is alink  to a close up of it. Notice that there are no grip screws. The pin protrudes down through the hole in the grip frame at the back of the frame and holds the rear of the grip forward against the frame. There is a spring on top of the pin and is held in place by the tube and a  counter bore in the pin. Hope this makes sense. Search for more pics. I know there is a better pic somewhere on here. But I could not find it.
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

cshooter

Thank You for replay! At least now I know where this pin is placed, as before I think that it is something inside stock.

cmj21973

To install stock detent pin & spring:

Remove gripframe from pump tube in an upright position. This will help keep from losing safety spring and ball.
Drop stock dentent pin into it's location followed by dentent pin spring.

Fronzdan

Note that normally, as Arkmaker said, you don't have grip screws or even holes for them.  Its all held on by that pin holding the stock against the frame after the grooves i side lock up onto the little metal nubs on either side (of the frame).  In CMJ's picture, the brass screws are "extra"...probably to add rigidity.  The backpacker stock does have a tiny bit of lateral looseness.

cshooter

cshooter

In case anyone else looking for pin pictures and found this topic, here it is:

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,9792.msg114420.html#msg114420

Funny thing that we have started this both topics at about same time :)

chongman

Sometimes there's a tiny bit of casting flash in the frame hole for the pin, preventing it from dropping all the way done in the seated position. Very, and I do mean very carefully clean this out. If you get to aggressive your pin will fall all the way through the hole. Look at the pin, there is a ledge that matches up with the inside of the hole in the frame.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

1377x

that pin also wears down the back of the stock and it gets sloppy.dont know how it takes to do that but thats what happened to my 1389 left a pin sized indent on the part of the stock it rests on
i would say a good tip would be to remove the stock after each use to save on the wear'n'tear
closed mouths dont get fed

I use my 2280G as a pistol most of the time.  The pin hits the web of your hand if you install pistol grips.  Also the stock was too loose for me, so I removed the pin and use a regular stock.
Stranded in California.