• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Sound Meter Lite

Started by blake.l, January 12, 2013, 01:42:27 AM

Stranded in California.

chongman

Let me start by saying I don't know much of anything about Android cell phones...I have a BlackBerry.

So, if I was to get a used cell phone that had the Android OS could I put the chrony app on it? The phone would not be able/used to make calls and stuff like that.  If it's possible can anyone recommend what phone I should look for?

Same goes for the sound meter, want that too!
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

Tater

Quote from: chongman on January 14, 2013, 07:17:47 PM
Let me start by saying I don't know much of anything about Android cell phones...I have a BlackBerry.

So, if I was to get a used cell phone that had the Android OS could I put the chrony app on it? The phone would not be able/used to make calls and stuff like that.  If it's possible can anyone recommend what phone I should look for?

Wouldn't you still need the phone working (internet access) so you could download the apps?    ???
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

chongman

Quote from: Tater on January 14, 2013, 09:21:46 PM
Wouldn't you still need the phone working (internet access) so you could download the apps?    ???

Well Tater, I just don't know ;D

I have wireless internet in my house/yard/neighborhood and I thought that would be how I'd download the apps to the phone.

Tater

Quote from: chongman on January 14, 2013, 10:17:13 PM

I have wireless internet in my house/yard/neighborhood and I thought that would be how I'd download the apps to the phone.

I wouldn't think that is possible, but I'm no expert. Hopefully that will work for you.
Maybe they have similar apps that work on a P.C. if using a microphone?
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Quote from: chongman on January 14, 2013, 07:17:47 PM

If you do not need a telephone I would recommend a small android tablet.  I have a Samsung galaxy tab 7" that I bought because I wanted a high quality ebook reader.  I found there were a lot of apps that I liked.  I always buy the paid versions because the free ones have advertisements.  Once you buy the apps you may install them on any android device you have. The tablet does almost anything a small laptop would.
Stranded in California.

chongman

A tablet would be a better option. Thanks Art  :-*

arkmaker †

I have the kindle fire and once I figure it out I think it will do just fine.
Did the chrono connect but I guess I did not have it set correctly. Lost patience and continued to shot without it. Sometimes technology is just a distraction to stress relief.  :D
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

blake.l

Quote from: chongman on January 14, 2013, 10:17:13 PM

A tablet would be a better choice but NO you don't have to have the phone activated or a Sim in it either. I've got an extra Android phone here now and that doesn't have a Sim in it and as long as you have a Wi-Fi source and a Gmail account your good to go..

AgentWD40_FL

I dont have a chrono at all, and to be honest, not real interested in stats ..... I shoot paper and cans for fun. :)

HOWEVER, this app (chronoconnect) looks really interesting.  My wife took her ASUS android tablet to work, but promised I could use it tonight after dinner.  (She can play Words with Friends on the laptop.) LOL

I look for the fun factor ... and I can have some fun in the garage whilest shooting holes in paper. :)

Thanks for the topic ...!!
Flying Dragon XS60C .22 Co2 Air Rifle w/Hawke Sport HD 3-9X40 AO Scope
Hatsan Mod 25 Supercharger .177
Crosman 38T .177 (Circa 1976)
Crosman 38C .22 (Circa 1963-1974)
Crosman Mark 1 Target .22 (Circa 1970's)
Crosman 1740 (2240 Modded) Carbine w/Bushnell 3-9X32
Crosman 2300KT CCS .177 w/Tasco 2x20
Crosman 1377 w/BSA Red Dot
Beeman P-17
Gamo PT-85 w/Laser Sight
Crosman 357

JEBert

QuoteSometimes technology is just a distraction to stress relief.  :D
Sometimes technology is the cause of our stress. :D
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)