• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Latest modding misadventure

Started by AZAG, January 12, 2013, 11:05:28 PM

AZAG

So i decided to install a lighter valve spring in my 1377/22 pistol a while back.  The tear down/reassembly when smooth with no stripped screws and no left over parts at the end other than the stock valve spring.  Unfortunately the valve won't hold air.  Tear down again check everything, oil real good and reassemble.  Still won't hold air.  I know when I'm licked, time to take a break.  I got distracted with another airgun related project so that's where it sat for probably over a month.  Last night the wife and I were watching a movie so I decided to put that time to good use and put the stock valve spring back in.  When I got is apart I realized the problem...the check valve was in backwards...d'oh.

Now I don't mind doing things wrong the first time, but I went in the second time specifically looking for a problem with the valve.  Oh well, what are you gonna do?  It is back together and working fine.

Hope you enjoyed my latest misadventure.

arkmaker †

It's always the easy "take it for granted" things that bite us in the a$$  ;D

Glad you found the problem quickly.
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

1377x

it happens
i just got back my disco tube with .25 barrel breech combo attached
it was supposed to only need the trigger group attached and it would be ready to go
come to find out that the guy who put it together didnt put the outside valve orings on.some wasted air and wasted time later some borrowed o-rings its working now
had to go and buy some more o-rings because the seller isnt answering my e-mails
closed mouths dont get fed

Tater

Well that sucks Ed.

As for this thread, I could start one like this once or twice a week.   ;D
Thanks for having the ***** to post it.   :-*
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Fronzdan

Wow I'm shocked you did that!!  Not the check valve...that's an easy mistake....you worked on an airgun while you were supposed to be watching a movie with the wife??  And she didn't hit you over the head with it??

AZAG

Quote from: Fronzdan on January 13, 2013, 03:25:43 AM
Wow I'm shocked you did that!!  Not the check valve...that's an easy mistake....you worked on an airgun while you were supposed to be watching a movie with the wife??  And she didn't hit you over the head with it??

She's fine with me working on airguns while watching a movie, but if I dragged the reloading bench into the living room and worked on that while watching a movie she would object.  :)

WyoMan

Quote from: Tater on January 13, 2013, 02:17:20 AM
Well that sucks Ed.

As for this thread, I could start one like this once or twice a week.   ;D
Thanks for having the ***** to post it.   :-*
Well said I'll bet everyone has a similar story....
AZAG, I did a 1377 once and forgot to put the bolt in  :o felt like a bolt or dolt that is...
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

1377x

you are right about that i have a few myself
posted a couple here
closed mouths dont get fed

jSan22

Ive put it back together without instaling the transfer port. it makes things a lot more confusing especially after putting it back togherther, when you cant even penetrate a Gatorade bottle.

quickster47 †

Yep things like that happen to everyone every once in awhile and then to others more often.  I tend to fall into the later category with the more often stuff happens.

We should make a compilation of those items and make a white paper about such events.  Something like 'Airgun Bloopers'.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

millipede

Quote from: Fronzdan on January 13, 2013, 03:25:43 AM

i was thinking the same thing