• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Stress relief - a bit of "range time"!

Started by JMJinNC, January 14, 2013, 04:29:50 PM

JMJinNC

It's been a stressful few months. My wife and I had our third child, a son, in November. Our son Logan joins our two  daughters - Sofie 5 and Johanna 3 - as well as our two standard poodles - Marley 13 and Ziggy 9 - in our already busy household. The new addition to the family required selling one car and buying a microvan (2012 Mazda5 with 6-sp). All these changes to our lives and schedules has been tough (especially with the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays thrown in), so I was desperate for some stress relief.

Well, yesterday was the day. My wife took Sofie to a neighbor's house, then took Ziggy and Logan for a walk while Johanna took a nap. I took Marley to the back yard with me and set up my portable shooting bench & silent traps at 26 yds and 55 yds.

I set up my 1377 carbine and proceeded to punch some paper at 26 yards. I suspected my scope was a bit off, and I was right. Set to work zeroing at 26 yards and had it making tight cloverleafs on the bull in no time (JSB Exacts, 10 pumps at 705fps). Once I was satisfied, I dialed it out to 55 yards and punched a weak group at about 1.4". Not great, but not bad.

Back to 26 yds and tried some JSB Heavies and Crosman Destroyers, then some more JSB Exacts.

For fun, I moved my 26 yd 8.5x11" target up to 11 yds and started punching bulls at 4 pumps with RWS Hobby wadcutters at 3x (versus 9x for the longer range shooting). I also tried some Beeman Laser Sports, JSB Exacts & Exact Heavies, and just for fun, some JSB Monsters at 5 pumps. The carbine really likes the JSB Monsters, and the impact of these 13.4 grain slugs had my heavy duct-seal laden pellet trap swinging, even at only 5 pumps.

By the time I was done, the stress had just melted away.... aaaaahhhhhhhhh!

Just had to share.... JMJ

John

Tater

Glad you got a breather and did some shooting.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

RC1947

Congrats on the new son.  Can't beat some shooting time. RC

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

chongman

Good on ya for getting in some shooting  :-*

It keeps raining off and on here, umbrella for the picnic is stored away...
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

breakfastchef

Good for you JMJ. It is really amazing that your refubed PC77 has become such a great shooter. We do have to get together sometime and plink. Cheers.
Larry

quickster47 †

Glad to hear you are getting all those kinks out of your system.  Slinging lead, whether it be via PBs or AGs is good for what ails you.

Carl

And remember, for some there is psychiatry and then for us there are AIRGUNS.

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

JMJinNC

Quote from: breakfastchef on January 14, 2013, 07:27:17 PM
Good for you JMJ. It is really amazing that your refubed PC77 has become such a great shooter. We do have to get together sometime and plink. Cheers.

Thanks Larry - some day we will cross paths. And yup, I'm pretty happy with the 1377.

JMJ
John

BDS

Your a good man JMJ, a good man indeed!

BTW Ditto to "you got a good one", same happened to me with a Walmart PC77, excellent quality (for a 1377) and I only moved the stock sights a notch up and a notch left to set the zero at 10 meters. Wish we could count on this level of quality each and every purchase.
Brian

JMJinNC

Well, it started out as a pretty good shooter, and then I went modding. I have modified, polished, or replaced pretty much every part on that gun. I think the trigger pivot pin and the compression tube endcap is  is stock.

JMJ

John

BDS

Quote from: JMJinNC on January 14, 2013, 10:55:10 PM
Well, it started out as a pretty good shooter, and then I went modding. I have modified, polished, or replaced pretty much every part on that gun. I think the trigger pivot pin and the compression tube endcap is  is stock. JMJ

;D ;D ;D

Brian

arkmaker †

Congrats on the new kid!
Sounds like the weather was good up north this past weekend for you as well!!!
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22