• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Finally

Started by mackelby, January 16, 2013, 03:54:51 AM

mackelby

Its here, my first co2 gun, a 2240. Been shooting down the hallway. Loud little gun. Cocking isn't very smooth compared to my 2289. Seems as though I don't have enough adjustment to get my POI low enough. Looking for reasons to modify already. I will post some pics of some groups as soon as I get some batteries for camera. Don't be expecting much from a newbie. Can't wait to compete in some of the monthly matches.

breakfastchef

Good deal.

CO2 pistols can have a bit of a bark.

Cocking may smooth out with use.

Running out of elevation adjustment, particularly at short ranges, is pretty common for these guns. The easiest modification is to lengthen the slot for the screw.

Quote from: mackelby on January 16, 2013, 03:54:51 AM
Its here, my first co2 gun, a 2240. Been shooting down the hallway. Loud little gun. Cocking isn't very smooth compared to my 2289. Seems as though I don't have enough adjustment to get my POI low enough. Looking for reasons to modify already. I will post some pics of some groups as soon as I get some batteries for camera. Don't be expecting much from a newbie. Can't wait to compete in some of the monthly matches.
Larry

1377x

try flipping the blade aroung and use the peep.might be able to get more adjustment that way ???
closed mouths dont get fed

jSan22

it'll definitely smooth out with more shooting. as time passes, the brass will wear. and the peep sight seems  to naturally high.

mackelby

Love the peep on my 2289g, but with pistol, not working so well for me. Would need a bigger peep hole for pistol I believe. Both sites where high. All perfect excuses to modify. Which is why we are all here.

onebaddj

Congrats! Man be careful sounds like the mod bug has bit you already! Lol. Thats the fun part of these guns. All the mods.
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

1377x

congrats!
yeah! sounds like crosmanitis got you
closed mouths dont get fed

mackelby

Oh, its got me alright! Know to figure out what I am buying, what I am buying for, where I am going to buy, where am i going to get the money.  So much to buy, so much to try, so little funds. But seriously need to find the supplier with the most to keep the freight bill down. Got a 2289G and now the 2240, guess one needs to be dressed in brass and one dressed in aluminum. Need to do the 2289g first got some rats that needed to be dispatched. I am a better shot with the carbine.

RC1947

Man, you sure are in the right place to be discussing mods.  Congrats. RC

mudduck48

When you finialy go to Pyramyd Air to buy pellets, put the Crosman 1399 sholder stock on the order. Then you will have a stock on your 2240. I have one on mine, works great!
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Crosman_1399_Custom_Shoulder_Stock_Fits_Many_Crosman_Pistols/198
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.