• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

TKO trigger kit

Started by mackelby, January 16, 2013, 04:09:08 PM

mackelby

Can anyone give me some personal experience with TKO trigger kit. The one with sear spring guide, spring and pins for sear and trigger. One more question does Cothran have more parts than his web site shows? Didn't see any blow through probes.

chongman

TKO Trigger Kit- The pins are high quality, better fit in the frame over stock and hardened steel. The spring is light, way less tension than the stock spring. The guide is made from delrin and fits the spring in the kit, you need it with this spring.

DC Machine only has the extended probes. In Don's store is what he has, if you want something not there I'd call him.

To get the flowthru probe you need to go to Mellon Air http://mellonair.myfreesites.net/index.php?p=1_7_Crosman-Bolts

Or GMAC (in the UK) http://www.gmaccustomparts.com/epages/BT3197.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT3197/Categories/CUSTOM_PARTS_FOR_THE_22XX/PROBES__BOLT_HANDLES

There may be other sources but these I know and have bought stuff from before.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

breakfastchef

I was pelased with the TKO trigger kit and ordered another yesterday for a project gun. It makes for a much lighter trigger pull and the sear and trigger do not wobble using the included pins.

Cothrans extended probe bolt is excellent. I own both types (extended probe and flow through) and really do not have a preference.
Larry

mackelby

I am not going to buy a steel breech from Crosman. Does Mellon have breeches, not listed on website. Any preferences????

onebaddj

I have 2 of the kits. 1 in a 2250 and the other in my 1377. I like it better than my 2400 kt ccs trigger. I use the kits and polished all the trigger parts then added thin washers sanded down to take out any side to side play. They are very nice like all his other stuff.

I also have breeches from crosman and croked barn. They are both nice and the croked barn one comes with the long probe bolt.
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

1377x

Quote from: mackelby on January 16, 2013, 05:22:56 PM
I am not going to buy a steel breech from Crosman. Does Mellon have breeches, not listed on website. Any preferences????
i like the AnthonyR breech kit(fivestar45) he posts here and other forums most active on the green forum i believe
it comes with everything you need including a stainless steel rear breech screw,4-48 philips head breech screw,left or right hand bolt,breech cap
its aluminum and very light doesnt add any noticeable extra weight to gun.
find his name in the members list on the top of the page where it says home ,profile,etc click on email if its listed or pm
closed mouths dont get fed

quickster47 †

I believe this would be Anthony's eMail address: amriensr@yahoo.com

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

1377x

Quote from: quickster47 on January 16, 2013, 07:44:34 PM
I believe this would be Anthony's eMail address: amriensr@yahoo.com

Carl
that looks about right
i have to look through a few hundred emails to find that info
closed mouths dont get fed

chongman

You also have the option of a Bluefork Design anodized (black) aluminum alloy breech.

I have one inbound from HPA Sports http://www.hpasports.com/pages/product-catalog-search?query=Blue+Fork+Designthat will be here by the end of the week.  I will be posting an unbiased review  (I'm not pimping the product...yet) ;)
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

BigErn

I like the TKO trigger kit too. I bit stiff in price but they work real nice. I tried to find the springs he uses but no luck...

35remington

Gentlemen. Sorry to dig up an old thread, but this is the first thing that comes up on Google, so I imagine it will be a useful resource for others. Tonight I installed the new trigger and pins. Now that the gun is back together, I have an extra part lying on my mat that I'm hoping you can tell me where to put. I have disassembled the gun and cannot find where this little guy goes. It's a silver colored washer that is approximately one quarter inch in diameter. It is a little bit bent, and it was on my towel underneath the gun after I followed the steps that came with the kit.

bgmcgee

That wave washer was under the stock trigger.  I doubt you need it unless there is a little side play with your new trigger.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

35remington

There is lots of side play now that the new trigger components are installed.  So put the washer on the same pin as the trigger?  Which way does the washer face?

WyoMan

same pin as the trigger, starboard side of trigger, cup shape up
have seen it installed differently so it probably doesn't matter much
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

onebaddj

thats the washer i replaced with the small plastic washers sanded thinner and thinner until i got all the slop out and didnt add any drag to the trigger.  :-*
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.