• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Double Bonus!!!

Started by Flex, January 16, 2013, 10:26:24 PM

Flex

Had to wait a few days but today I received notice from the Chief Honcho of CAPOF (Brutuz) that my application for membership had been approved, giving me access to ALL of the great features of this forum. If this news wasn't enough to make for a great day, I just (like 30 minutes ago) received notice that my Crosman Doomsday Bug-Out Survival Kit was ready for pick up at my local WalMart!!! As soon as I hit the "POST" button, I'm headin' on over to the store to pick that jewel up! It's a bit nippy outside today here in WI so I may just be doing general familiarization and maybe a bit of "fluff & buff" before I run a few pellets downrange. I'm sure that I'll be pouring thru the posts to see if there's anything special that I should be doing before I start shooting. If anyone has any specific hints or tips, I'm very open to any suggestions. That's all for now, I'm heading for WalMart. Flex
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

Tater

Congrats! It sounds like you are good to go. Don't forget to pick up some Pelgunoil if you don't have any.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Steve-in-Kville

Almost the same here! Waiting for the Fed-ex truck to pull up with my new toys! Registration just came through today.
Crosman 2260, 2240 & 1377
Beeman R9
Walther CP99
Benji 392

BigErn

Congrats and welcome guys!

onebaddj

Welcome aboard and congrats on the new shooter!
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

chongman

Welcome aboard Flex  :-*

By the timing of your original post your either still at the Wally World pushing the buggy around loaded with your stuff or home sitting in the corner drooling over the goods  :D
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

bgmcgee

Or surfing through the posts trying to figure out which mod to do first.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

Flex

Quote from: chongman on January 17, 2013, 01:42:36 AM
Welcome aboard Flex  :-*

By the timing of your original post your either still at the Wally World pushing the buggy around loaded with your stuff or home sitting in the corner drooling over the goods  :D
Actually the WalMart trip was a "grab and dash"! My wife & I are remodeling the guest bathroom and I had to pick up some tiling supplies at the local hardware store. Once back home, there was a brief drooling period right after I unboxed my new toy. (The backpack, 1st aid kit, water bottle & targets stayed in the box for now at least). First impressions are important to me and so far, I'm very pleased with the look and general feel of the Backpacker 2289G. Range trials in a day or so, after I determine what the "experts" here at CAPOF say needs to be done prior to the first shot.  I suspect that there will be a few that say that they ALWAYS do a complete tear-down for a serious "fluff & buff" before they do any shooting. I'll prolly just do a basic wipe down to get the factory rust preventative off. I'll check the bore and clean if necessary. I have some Pelgunoil BUT I have to figure out where to put it. Since I also have a 1322C on the way also, I'm going to hold off on the serious modding until I see how they both perform. I've only known about this forum for a week or so but I've already determined that its very easy to spend 3 or 4 times the original cost of a basic Crosman air pistol on "upgrades"! I've learned that I have to "pace myself" if I want my shooting hobbies to stay under the RADAR of the "fun police". So far, I've been pretty successful in that endeavor with my other firearm interests. Maintaining a low profile is key! So that's it for now. Flex
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

KevinP

You are entering a new age of your life...  have a blast !!!   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

Tater

Quote from: Flex on January 17, 2013, 08:42:08 AM
Actually the WalMart trip was a "grab and dash"! My wife & I are remodeling the guest bathroom and I had to pick up some tiling supplies at the local hardware store. Once back home, there was a brief drooling period right after I unboxed my new toy. (The backpack, 1st aid kit, water bottle & targets stayed in the box for now at least). First impressions are important to me and so far, I'm very pleased with the look and general feel of the Backpacker 2289G. Range trials in a day or so, after I determine what the "experts" here at CAPOF say needs to be done prior to the first shot.  I suspect that there will be a few that say that they ALWAYS do a complete tear-down for a serious "fluff & buff" before they do any shooting. I'll prolly just do a basic wipe down to get the factory rust preventative off. I'll check the bore and clean if necessary. I have some Pelgunoil BUT I have to figure out where to put it. Since I also have a 1322C on the way also, I'm going to hold off on the serious modding until I see how they both perform. I've only known about this forum for a week or so but I've already determined that its very easy to spend 3 or 4 times the original cost of a basic Crosman air pistol on "upgrades"! I've learned that I have to "pace myself" if I want my shooting hobbies to stay under the RADAR of the "fun police". So far, I've been pretty successful in that endeavor with my other firearm interests. Maintaining a low profile is key! So that's it for now. Flex

Don't I know it!!!
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

ped

enjoy your new guns as modding is as much fun as shooting them well nearly
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

Steve-in-Kville

Staying under the radar is the secret.... but now that my older boys are joining in on the fun, I have more people on my side!!
Crosman 2260, 2240 & 1377
Beeman R9
Walther CP99
Benji 392

1377x

welcome aboard!
congrats on the 2289g
great gun for a pumper
a no cost mod is to compress the trigger spring
from what i have read it makes the trigger pull a little lighter.
there are a few mods to make it a better gun.more power lighter maybe 2 stage trigger pull ;) make it scopeable you name it
closed mouths dont get fed

onebaddj

First thing to do is clean the barrel the pelgun oil gets1 drop on the piston and pinch points. After the proper lude and cleaning jut mentioned shoot it! Shoot it alot! Then shoot it some more and report back withpics of you the gun and demolished targets! Then shooot it some more. Once done shooting everything on hand and your comfortable with it come back for a full list of mods.  :-*
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

droid

Just take good hard look at those spare Dollars in your wallet. Because once you have scanned the CAPOF you may find that you don't get spare ones anymore  ;)
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk