• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

If your looking for a Millett SP1 red dot... found a good deal

Started by Brent, January 25, 2013, 07:38:15 AM

Brent

Natchez has them for $32 listed as Demos. These normally go anywhere from $60 to $70... and get good reviews.

I called them to see what they were calling a demo... and he told me that they were used at trade shows and such as display models. He said they were never mounted and had the full warranty... But might not come in the original packaging and might have some fingerprints on them LOL.

Decided a while back that this is the sight I wanted because of the weigh, size, and look. Some professional shooters actually prefer these smaller diameter red dots... Because they think they are faster to aim with. Not sure if that is true, this is my first red dot.

Ordered one earlier tonight, with some Tasco 1 inch dia 3/8 dove tail ring mounts. They were $4 something. The shipping was kinda high for just the 2 items -$10 - so ordered some pellets and a Simmons 4x15 scope (with the 3/8 rings included) they were unloading for $5. Guy said Simmons was bought by Bushnell and they were replacing these with something else. Not a great scope... but should be good for an kids plinker down the road. $10.67 shipping cost for all 4 items.

If they still have some... might need to search for them using the word "demo". Didn't see them when I searched them out tonight just using SP1 (was bummed... though they were all gone lol)... but I did using a regular search this morning.

blake.l

Not bad price.. good find. I just got my CCS 2300 in today and that's what I put on it. This will be my first rd also hope I can get used to it ;D All in all it seems to be a very good little scope. Thinking of going with another on my next build either another SP-1 OR THE SP-2

breakfastchef

I prefer the SP-1 on a pistol The 30mm tube of the SP-2 is too big for my liking.

Quote from: blake.l on January 25, 2013, 08:41:40 AM
Not bad price.. good find. I just got my CCS 2300 in today and that's what I put on it. This will be my first rd also hope I can get used to it ;D All in all it seems to be a very good little scope. Thinking of going with another on my next build either another SP-1 OR THE SP-2
Larry

millipede

mackelby

My lady friend is on her way home to order it for me, still at work. Got my fingers crossed.

breakfastchef

Quote from: mackelby on January 25, 2013, 09:32:43 PM
My lady friend is on her way home to order it for me, still at work. Got my fingers crossed.

Send her to my house next. I would love to use someone else's PayPal account.
Larry

Brent

Millipede - try this:

http://www.natchezss.com/brand.cfm?brand=BQ#q%3Ddemos%26catl%3D1%26p%3D1%26ci%3DBrand%253D1%253AMillett%26Brand%3DMillett

Just noticed they have them available in the silver model now too... they didn't last night.

mackelby

Its ordered! My method to my madness is getting tricky. I have ordered a RD with no means to mount it. That is how you make yourself order the breech and extended probe and 1701P trigger group and LDS and longer barrel and............ This is a SICKNESS.  I also have a Ruger Mark II Target model, bull barrel, that needs to be tapped for scope rail. That means 1 42.00 RD scope will end up costing me hundreds of dollars. This is a worse habit than some I had as a young man.

brz-ryder †

my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

tipper1

think i got the last one yesterday from Natchez (sp1) ,also got a set of B-Square mounts 9.00 thanks Art you saved me lots of $$$$$$$$  :-*

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

Brent

Quote from: mackelby on January 27, 2013, 01:07:36 PM
Its ordered! My method to my madness is getting tricky. I have ordered a RD with no means to mount it. That is how you make yourself order the breech and extended probe and 1701P trigger group and LDS and longer barrel and............ This is a SICKNESS.  I also have a Ruger Mark II Target model, bull barrel, that needs to be tapped for scope rail. That means 1 42.00 RD scope will end up costing me hundreds of dollars. This is a worse habit than some I had as a young man.

Too Funny!! When I was reading this... It was sounding allot like where I am at too :D ;D

Started looking at the SP1 originally for my S&W 22lr pistol... now am planning on it going on either a 2300 or 2400 KT lol

Got a amazon deal 1377 coming now, that I wasn't planning on... and even a 4x15 scope coming with the SP1... that I am not real sure what I'm doing with yet... except am thinking I will play with it on something in the future... pretty sure of that LOL

Just checked - they still list some SP1 on their website in the black model... but the silver model are sold out now.

mackelby

I ordered a black one. I really want an aluminium breech and aluminium at both ends of the tube. Need the black scope for the contrast on top of breech

Brent

Me too. Was originally thinking the silver for the S&W... but either CCS gun I get, the way in am envisioning it, will look better with the black. Should have got one of each... but I wanted to try it out first to see if I like it... first RD  ;)

tipper1

I ordered the black sp1 with aluminum mounts,see how it looks  :-* says 2 weeks before delivery  ???