• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

2300kt vs. 2400 kt - any differences in their efficiency / performance?

Started by Brent, January 26, 2013, 04:47:00 PM

Brent

Am trying to decide between the 2300kt or the 2400kt - am getting one or the other to start as my first modding project. (.177 caliber)

Is there a difference between them... regarding their hammer, valves, springs, etc.?

Any difference in their efficiency of using co2?

I have learned enough to know that I am  going to need to install either a power adjuster and/ or lighter hammer spring, as I am going to teach the kids to shoot on this gun, and I want to bring the fps down and get more shots out of a powerlett since we will be close in and shooting allot.

Noticed that we can get the 2300kt with a carbine stock, and since this is going to also be shot by my son and girls as their learning gun (8 to 11 yr old) ... am going carbine style when I order. The light weight, nicer sights/ accuracy, shorter gun will be a Nice learning gun for them to start - and a nice gun for me too. lol  :)  ;)

I will get some grips from crosman when I place my order for the mod parts... and put those on when I want to turn either into a pistol. Am also open to getting mod parts from any other sources you recommend.

So basically I am looking to see if there is a difference between the guns (if any) in their internals... and your advise/ help in modding techniques and parts to get for one or the other... for getting good efficiency per shot... and a higher shot count per powerlet.

Thanks!
Brent

JEBert

The only difference in the internals that I know of is the extension on the Co2 cap to hold the cartridge against the valve on the 2400 because of he longer tube.  If you want to increase the shot count for paper-punching, you can order a valve spacer that comes in the 2300t and install it in the valve to limit Co2 usage.  It increase shot count from 43 to over 65 in my 2300KT for me.  I can post the part # and latest known price when I get home if you need it.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

mr007s

This may help with increasing shot count as I was seeking the same result for shooting indoor targets. This was done with a 2240 with a 12 inch 22 cal barrel. I believe it had a home made HDD installed also.
In stock form I was getting around 35 shots per cart. After reducing the transfer port to .082 inch and reducing the hammer weight my shot count rose to 75 with 412-420 fps.,plenty good for paper shooting. I am attaching a graph and a link to the thread with all the info. You can read the whole thread or start around post 17.
http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,3293.15.html