• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Gun hold and trigger pull

Started by Crosshairs, February 02, 2013, 12:15:43 PM

Crosshairs

What is your favorite way to hold your pistol with two hands and how do you like to place you finger on the trigger.
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

I think the hold depends on the type of gun, powder burner (PB) versus airgun, and also the type of sight you are using.  Same thing applies to the trigger.

I tend to hold my PBs more tightly and use the two hand wrap on the grip because all of them are open sights.

Airgun holding depends on which airgun and sighting device.  I have tried the grip wrap and it works but personally I like the 'taco' hold because of the stability it provides me.

I tend to place my trigger at the first joint of my index finger, the trigger resting against the joint.

Hope that all makes sense and of course I do realize that since this is an airgun forum that is really what the question was referencing.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Pikie

Having shot PPC (Police Pistol Combat) competions for years I can say this. Gripping tightly is far more consistant than gripping loosely. Try it without your pistol and "dry firing". There is NO way the human hand can not move more with a loose or gentle grip. Your other fingers naturally move when the trigger finger is contracted if they aren't gripping something. Now I am not talking about "white knuckle" gripping! It was best taught to me as "gripping a fish you want to throw back". You don't want to crush it but you don't want it flipping out and falling. As for the trigger pull it is "ROLL" not squeze or press - FOR ME. You can try all three. The best on is where the pistol moves the least! As for the grip, you can do the two thumbs pointing forward or lock your thumbs down. Both styles wrap the fingers around the strong hand fingers. Tight grippers usually always prefer locked thumbs. It's more consistant to assume. I can't wait to hear what you all think or like. Pikie
Vince

WyoMan

Hmmm....now you got me thinking - yikes!  :D
usually just grip and rip...
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance