• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Pellet Trap

Started by AS13, February 04, 2013, 06:36:58 PM

AS13

Found one on Amazon. Tired of rebuilding my pellet box every 200 rounds. Wally World wanted $60.00 + $9.00 shipping. Amazon was $46.99 and free shipping. Rated for .17-.22 lead nose rim fire ammo.
http://www.amazon.com/Do-All-Outdoors-22-17-Bullet/dp/B000FDSUHC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1359999072&sr=8-3&keywords=pellet+trap
Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

"Anything made can be made better."

BDS

Yup... those will work, noisy but they work (you gonna line it?)
Brian

niclaw

My brother-n-law uses one of those with duct seal on the slanted back  (Outside).        May not collect lead dust but it does do a satisfactory job of quieting the clank.  And easier to collect up the used pellets.
niclaw

Crosshairs

Nice trap it should last a long time.  :-*
                        Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

jSan22

I had a box filled with paper that held up to to 500 rounds.

Brent

I was just looking at one of those yesterday in my local Walmart. They had it priced at $49.95

Was thinking it could work good for my 22lr, and airguns.

I did some checking online for reviews... and the main complaint I read was that the sides are not always a perfect fit... guess there is a little bit of gap in places on some of them. No one seemed to concerned about it though.

Let us know if you get one, and what you think.

DaveB50

I bought one of these from Amazon about a month ago, It is very heavy duty, probably overkill for AG's. Your never going to put a dent in it with one, I have shot it with my Trail NP at 30 feet. The only thing I have noted about it is that some lead dust, and sometimes a smashed pellet, are thrown back out the front. The bottom is round shaped and the pellet hits the sloped back, goes down and around, hitting the back again. After reading some reviews on Amazon that mentioned this, and a fix, I cut a piece of cardboard to put over the opening, that seems to have stopped the dust and occasional pellet from coming out. I have thought about pouring sand in the bottom of it for the pellets to bury in, or maybe some duct seal in the bottom. I have also put duct tape over a small gap at the seam where the back and bottom meet, to stop lead dust coming out there. As for the noise, I've read that a piece of rubber (like a car floor mat) glued on the back muffles it (haven't tried that yet).
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

brz-ryder †

Like jsan i use a box filled with newspaper but like the ideas on quieting the pellet traps the noise was the only reason i never got one Dave let us know if the rubber works  :-*

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

BerkshireHunter

Thanks for the heads up, I could use a new trap.

jSan22

Quote from: brz-ryder on February 05, 2013, 11:31:59 PM
Like jsan i use a box filled with newspaper but like the ideas on quieting the pellet traps the noise was the only reason i never got one Dave let us know if the rubber works  :-*

Jim
I reckon cotton would cut the noise down quite a bit........hmmmm...........
noise is both a good and bad thing for me. at range, I use it to make sure I hit the target, but when its the morning and ive got to warm my gun up before a hunt, I end up waking everyone up.