• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

got my 2240 set up how i want it shoots great pics

Started by howie1968, February 28, 2013, 10:34:56 PM

howie1968

thanks to everyone for all the help. I got my 2240 set up how i wanted it its basically stock alls i added was the stock stel breech kit a 14.6 barrel and a BSA red green blue dot sight.  the gun shoots great and hits hard enough for me. i am waiting on a chrony to test it and see if i want to do any valve work or hammer spring work  right now im completely satisfied the gun shoots a whole lot better in the carbine form and the 14.6 inch barrel makes a difference really hits water bottles hard. it was 80 degrees out and really thumped it compared to when i had it as a pistol

I am a hunting guide In texas and Colorado
Crosman 2240
2 crosman 357
crosman 2289
Benjamin xl1100 22
QB 78 177
QB 78 22

breakfastchef

Nice build. It looks to be a very good shooter and goes to prove a red dot can be pretty darn accurate. Enjoy the warm weather; CO2 loves it too.
Larry

howie1968

Larry it is sweet!!, the red dot is supposed to be a 5 moa but i bought 3 of these for my other air guns and this one looks about half that size so if is easy to shoot well was going to scope it but i  usually only shoot and cans and stuff at 20 yards was hitting spinner at 20. as soon as chrony get here im going to see what its shooting, and then make some decisions but im totally happy with it now
Crosman 2240
2 crosman 357
crosman 2289
Benjamin xl1100 22
QB 78 177
QB 78 22

quickster47 †

Nice looking build. That 14" barrel is a very good length and the red dot proves it. Plus it also shows to go you that a red dot can be accurate.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

howie1968

thanks carl and Larry, in yalls honest opinion what would you do next/ im satisfied with the accuarcy extended probe? hammer spring? TKO?. if i leave it as is ill buy another 2240 and leave it as a pistol but fix it like the one larry had for sale once again thank you for all the help right now ive got around 200 in this gun dont mind putting more into it but plan on starting a new 2240 prject and also doing something more with my 2289 bugout
Crosman 2240
2 crosman 357
crosman 2289
Benjamin xl1100 22
QB 78 177
QB 78 22

chongman

Looks really nice and shoots good...I'd leave it like it is and start on the 2240  :-*
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

quickster47 †

In my humble opinion the best thing you can do next is improve the trigger.  I would either clean up the OEM trigger or my personal choice, get yourself a 1701P trigger frame and change out everything.

You will be pleasantly surprised and pleased at what the new trigger will do for your accuracy.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

BDS

+1 on trigger improvements, with the stock parts, just polish, lube and lighten the trigger spring (remove coils or get same length but lighter/thinner wire).

If you remove coils, you may need to stretch the spring a tad and/or add a very thin 10-32 washer or two on the retaining post in the grip frame to adjust for a good lock-up when you cock the gun (a little tension on the spring).

For more $$, you can do as Carl noted and go P-Rod frame and trigger and get even finer trigger action.
Brian

howie1968

i cleaned up the trigger compressed the spring and i have to say it is decent, ill look into the other grip frame trigger as well thanks men
Crosman 2240
2 crosman 357
crosman 2289
Benjamin xl1100 22
QB 78 177
QB 78 22

breakfastchef

If your carbine is shooting to your satisfaction, do nothing. I think you might want to consider a muzzle brake, like one from TKO, to finish off the build. Then get a 2240 to keep as a pistol.
Larry

gdm620

Gary
Crosman 1322
Benjamin Marauder Pistol
.177 PCP target pistol
2300kt with LW barrel

Crosshairs

Very nice 2240 carbine from your pic it shoots as good as it looks.  :-* Congrats on such a nice build.
                                     Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Brent

Nice gun!  :)

Like the look of the 14" barrel there. Kinda liking that better than an 18...  still deciding... but that sure looks nice.

tinker

(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

JEBert

Quotewhat would you do next/ im satisfied with the accuarcy extended probe? hammer spring? TKO?.
Like the others have mentioned, the 1701 trigger assy might tighten up the groups a little more.  So might an extended probe.  You would need a TKO only if you have neighbors that might be bothered by the sound.  I don't have one and I can shoot in my shed and no one around me suspects I'm anything no matter what I'm shooting as long as gunpowder is not involved.
Good job!
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)