• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Silly Me

Started by Crosshairs, March 01, 2013, 01:48:48 PM

woody67

Mike, you have a small lathe...why don't you just get a 1" thick closet pole and do some experimenting? I think all you'd have to do is drill out the center, and create a tapered cone for the breech side, and keep the front/muzzle end flat with a hole a touch bigger than the caliber you want.

Then all you would have to do is make some 'cups' or 'baffles' or whatever you call them, and insert the proper amount for whatever length you want your barrel to go in.

Seems simple enough, just a wooden tube instead of an aluminum one basically....

Great thinking!    (Maybe you could make a wooden barrel to go with it? Hahaha...)...actually, you could make a wooden sleeve for a barrel, and that would look really awesome!!!!! Sanded and stained...ooh, the posibilities...

agninja

Ask that dude who made a 2240 entirely from wood. In fact, didn't he actually have a wood muzzle brake on his? Where is that thread....
Black air pistols matter.

DaveB50

Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

mackelby

The furniture industry these days don't use wood. They use a dense foam looking stuff and the wood grain is computer generated and is adhesive backed . Not sure if and how it could be bought.

breakfastchef

Quote from: agninja on March 01, 2013, 04:00:40 PM
Ask that dude who made a 2240 entirely from wood. In fact, didn't he actually have a wood muzzle brake on his? Where is that thread....

Grant Stace did do an all wood 2240. It was sharp!
Larry

AgentWD40_FL

Maybe a box store would have some wood grained shelf liner sticky back paper.

I like the idea of a piece of wood drilled out and smoothed.  That would be unique ....
Flying Dragon XS60C .22 Co2 Air Rifle w/Hawke Sport HD 3-9X40 AO Scope
Hatsan Mod 25 Supercharger .177
Crosman 38T .177 (Circa 1976)
Crosman 38C .22 (Circa 1963-1974)
Crosman Mark 1 Target .22 (Circa 1970's)
Crosman 1740 (2240 Modded) Carbine w/Bushnell 3-9X32
Crosman 2300KT CCS .177 w/Tasco 2x20
Crosman 1377 w/BSA Red Dot
Beeman P-17
Gamo PT-85 w/Laser Sight
Crosman 357

woody67

Quote from: DaveB50 on March 01, 2013, 04:32:21 PM
Maybe drill out one of those mini ball bats.
http://www.ministicks.com/natural_mini_baseball_bat_p/naturalbat.htm

Yeah, that would be perfect because it already has the tapering done for you!!!

Crosshairs

Quote from: DaveB50 on March 01, 2013, 04:32:21 PM
Maybe drill out one of those mini ball bats.
http://www.ministicks.com/natural_mini_baseball_bat_p/naturalbat.htm
Good one and that's some tuff wood with nice grain.
                                       Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

You can make one on a lathe without too much trouble. I've made several adapters out of oak wood dowels.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Stranded in California.

Crosshairs

Quote from: woody67 on March 01, 2013, 03:56:39 PM
Mike, you have a small lathe...why don't you just get a 1" thick closet pole and do some experimenting? I think all you'd have to do is drill out the center, and create a tapered cone for the breech side, and keep the front/muzzle end flat with a hole a touch bigger than the caliber you want.

Then all you would have to do is make some 'cups' or 'baffles' or whatever you call them, and insert the proper amount for whatever length you want your barrel to go in.

Seems simple enough, just a wooden tube instead of an aluminum one basically....

Great thinking!    (Maybe you could make a wooden barrel to go with it? Hahaha...)...actually, you could make a wooden sleeve for a barrel, and that would look really awesome!!!!! Sanded and stained...ooh, the posibilities...
Woody my lathe is not long enough between centers.
                                         Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

1377x

the end doesnt have to be tapered
this guy made a wood trigger shoe which would be easy to make also just cut a wood pole in half cut out the trigger channel
closed mouths dont get fed