• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

MORE THAN ONE WAY TO SKIN A CHICKEN

Started by mudduck48, March 02, 2013, 05:11:47 AM

mudduck48

There is more than one way to skin a chicken. Get the LPA MIM sight off and put your 1962 vintage Weaver, made in El paso, Tx USA B4 scope on, YES!! Now I can shoot my gun untill I find a Williams WGRS-54 sight for it. The " BIG DOG" is back in action. Hit 5 shots inside a dime circle at 20 ft. again. It is a bugger trying to get a pellet in, but it works. Now need to Chrony to see if it's better than before.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

blake.l

Dang that scope looks like its almost as long as the barrel :o

Brent

:)  Glad you got her to shooting mode   :)

1377x

glad you can shoot it now
do you still need my address so you can send me the lpa? ;) :P ;D
closed mouths dont get fed

quickster47 †

Quote from: mudduck48 on March 02, 2013, 05:11:47 AM
Now I can shoot my gun untill I find a Williams WGRS-54 sight for it.

I have a brand new one I bought to use on my SC Stubby but did not use it.  Because you are a good guy, me thinks, you can have it for $35 with no shipping.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/121512/williams-wgrs-54-guide-receiver-peep-sight-savage-anschutz-54-141-141m-153-153s-remington-541s-winchester-310-320-9422-most-22-caliber-dovetail-receivers-aluminum-black

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

bgmcgee

That's a cool one,duck. I like the scope  :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

mudduck48

Thank you, Isn't it cute? It's like looking through a soda straw, but it works for now.

RC1947

mudduck48

Quote from: RC1947 on March 02, 2013, 04:14:38 PM
Vintage scope indeed.  RC
I received this scope in 1962 to put on my 22lr rifle. I used it for a while then went back to the peep sights that the rifle came with.

JEBert

Quotehttp://www.midwayusa.com/product/121512/williams-wgrs-54-guide-receiver-peep-sight-savage-anschutz-54-141-141m-153-153s-remington-541s-winchester-310-320-9422-most-22-caliber-dovetail-receivers-aluminum-black
I feel like a dunce!  I had that in my cart just waiting for March when I expect Midway to send me a birthday discount coupon.  They usually do.  However, I had it in my cart because it was on sale for $29.99.  Now that it's March, it is not on sale anymore but $38.99.  No coupon code is gonna make that up!   :-[
Oh well, I already have one on a 2300 carbine.  I'll just order the notch blade to go on it.  Mostly to check out how it works as a notch instead of a peep.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

Crosshairs

Nice going mudduck better then sitting around on your bench a least you can shoot it.  It's funny how we just need to shot and will think of any way get it done.  :-*
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

mudduck48

Quote from: Crosshairs on March 03, 2013, 12:59:00 AM
Nice going mudduck better then sitting around on your bench a least you can shoot it.  It's funny how we just need to shot and will think of any way get it done.  :-*
Yes Sir, you are so right. And I just got though doing that. Not bad for 20ft and sitting on my stool. LOL That is 5 shots.

bgmcgee

That's some good shooting,you sure you need a different sight????
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

WyoMan

Looks like you're back in business...thats a good shooter  :-*
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

mudduck48

With the steel breech and the Bluefork barrel band at least I know the barrel is not moving around. Now when I miss, i know it's me, not the gun. And that is a good feeling.