• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

newbe questions

Started by mrb02334, March 05, 2013, 06:15:54 AM

mrb02334

I have decided to use the long steel breech on my 2289. What AG is this breech from and does anybody have the part number?  What model pistol is the standard stock, the one that mount with gripscrews listed with? Does anybody have the stock part number? Does anybody have the link to the backpacker exploded view, I thought I book marked it, but can't find it. Also can't find it on Crosmans web site. I have spent hours looking on this blog and can't find what I want. Please help this dummy.
Thanking you guys in advance,
Jon

JEBert

EVP:
http://www.crosman.com/pdf/manuals/crosman/1389/C1389-EVP.pdf
More than 3/4ths of the way down this page (rifles):
http://www.crosman.com/cs/manuals/crosman-rifles
Says: Some parts available from Crosman.
Long steel breech comes on the 2300S, 2300T, Crosman Custom Shop 2300's & 2400's.  It will also fit the22XX and 13XX series of guns including 1389G's.  Earlier guns that have the rear cocker, can use them but they will need a newer barrel and bolt to work with it.
Part # for the long steel breech kit in .22 is 2240SBPK.  I am pretty sure it will come with a .22 cal bolt and if you want to install it with a .177 barrel, you will need a .177 bolt to use with it.
Breech is the same whether you get a 1377SBPK or a 2240SBPK but the former comes with a .177 bolt and the latter comes with a .22 bolt.
New EVP for the 1389G won't be out until the gun has been on the market for a year.
I should be able to tell you in a few days whether this breech has the new or old front breech screw location.  I also have a 1389G that I intend to install it on and when I get it apart, I'll be able to tell you which hole(s) are drilled and tapped for the front breech screw.  Mine will fit because I have a 4-48 tap and know how to get the hole location right if it is not already there.
Not positive but pretty sure that this is the part # for the Crosman Shoulder stock with the holes for the grip screws:  1399a001
If you get one without the holes, it has the Crosman logo on the center mark where the hole should be so it is easy to drill and countersink a pair of holes in the correct location.
You may want to add the pad in the stock to help eliminate the movement when it is installed:  Pad, stock 1389A-070 ($1.15)
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

quickster47 †

Mr Jerry has answered all your questions perfectly.  Couldn't ask for anything more unless you have more questions.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

mrb02334

Jerry thank you for taking the time to answher my questions, You guys on here make this the best forum on the web!
Thank you againe,
Jon

JEBert

Jerry
NRA Life Member

JEBert

QuoteI should be able to tell you in a few days whether this breech has the new or old front breech screw location.  I also have a 1389G that I intend to install it on and when I get it apart, I'll be able to tell you which hole(s) are drilled and tapped for the front breech screw.
OK, got the 2240 SBPK steel breech kit today and it has the old (forward) location of the front breech screw.  I also slipped the plastic breech off of the new 2289G (it's NOT a 1389, don't now where I got that #) just long enough to check and it is only drill and tapped for the old forward location of that front breech screw.  So, it looks like I won't have to do any drilling and tapping to install it.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member

quickster47 †

Quote from: JEBert on March 08, 2013, 12:30:31 AM
OK, got the 2240 SBPK steel breech kit today and it has the old (forward) location of the front breech screw.
Cheers,

Well that is some good news.  Seems like there has been lots of confusion about where the heck that screw hole's located on the 2240 SPBK and now we know.  :-*

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

JEBert

I didn't think to ask if they came with either front breech hole location when I had the nice lady on the phone at Crosman.  I just gave the part number.  It didn't much matter to me but it might have been good info to be able to post here.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member

quickster47 †

Quote from: JEBert on March 08, 2013, 05:41:18 AM
I didn't think to ask if they came with either front breech hole location when I had the nice lady on the phone at Crosman.  I just gave the part number.  It didn't much matter to me but it might have been good info to be able to post here.
Cheers,

One would think that if they had two different parts ???,  with the hole in the different location, that they would have two different part numbers or maybe even a -1 or -2 type designator.  Especially on the .22 caliber breech.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

JEBert

QuoteOne would think that if they had two different parts ???,  with the hole in the different location, that they would have two different part numbers or maybe even a -1 or -2 type designator.  Especially on the .22 caliber breech.
Carl
I agree and that makes perfect sense but I haven't seen another part number nor a designator, have you?
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member