• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Keep your CROSMANS dry

Started by Iagent, March 08, 2013, 05:18:30 AM

Iagent

I use desiccant that can be refreshed in the oven once every couple months (depending on humidity.  Some regions may need more frequent rejuvenation ).  The dryness keeps your steel from rusting in the safe.  The Desiccant has a built in indicator of dryness.  Pink shows moisture saturation, while blue shows dry.

Just a gun health tip.
Rick
Shoot safely. Have fun.

breakfastchef

I bought a quantity of dessicants in packets and toss a few in each of my gun storage cases. I should schedule some replacement plan since I do not know when they lose their effectiveness.
Larry

1377x

i use eezox keeps corrosion/rust away in the dampest conditions
closed mouths dont get fed

Brent

Quote from: Iagent on March 08, 2013, 05:18:30 AM
I use desiccant that can be refreshed in the oven once every couple months (depending on humidity.  Some regions may need more frequent rejuvenation ).  The dryness keeps your steel from rusting in the safe.  The Desiccant has a built in indicator of dryness.  Pink shows moisture saturation, while blue shows dry.

Just a gun health tip.
Rick

That is cool how it changes indication color.  I have never heard of this stuff. Where would you get that?
Thanks for the tip!

crossliner

Quote from: 1377x on March 08, 2013, 11:08:14 AM
i use eezox keeps corrosion/rust away in the dampest conditions

I have already ordered 3 cans of Eezox ( based on your blessing Mr. 13 and ain't they cheap haha!) and 3 cans of 16 ounce Ballistol..They are now in Kansas  at my niece's abode along w/ other goodies  :-*..I thought my niece was a Minnesota resident this is what I have told Mr. Quickster my bad  :-[...My apologies Mr. Q it's my other relatives who are in Minnesota. Best regards.

quickster47 †

I also keep desiccant around the house and some in each of my gun cases.  Once a month I spend and hour or two doing desiccant maintenance of drying it in the oven and putting it back in the cases.  Stuff works great!

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †