• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

P Rod at Walmart

Started by BerkshireHunter, March 10, 2013, 01:38:36 AM

BerkshireHunter

The Walmart nearest me is in an anti-gun city. They only carry a few airguns and pellets behind a locked glass counter, not even cartridges. Stopped by today and there was a pc77 (which they oddly dont usually have that or  the 2240) and a P Rod! I was surprised because Ive never even seen a disco there. It was in a plain white box, and looked like the help opened it up, and took picures of it which they printed out and taped to the box.

So I asked the lady what the deal with that gun was, wondering if it might be damaged or discounted and she said "no, just came in a plain box." I said "interesting, I know that's about a $300 gun." I later thought to myself that the mayor would probably have his panties in a bun if he knew anyone could just walk in and buy it unlicensed and use it in the city!  ;D

sandpiper

How much were they asking for it?

BerkshireHunter

Quote from: sandpiper on March 10, 2013, 01:42:42 AM
How much were they asking for it?
I didn't think to ask because it was unmarked and she probably would have had to of gone and looked it up. Id imagine about the price their website would have it at, which I don't know. I doubt it will sell fast, they didn't even have a pump.

1377x

someone probably had it shipped to the store and got a refund instead of the gun or for some reason could pick it up
closed mouths dont get fed

brz-ryder †

the web site has them listed for $464

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

markasaurus

How much the price has shot up just in the last year!  I remember less then a year ago big supply house was selling them for $307.  Now you can't even find that company.  I paid $340 for mine from laurel cove outfitters and that was October 2012.  Honestly at the price they are now i wouldn't buy one again - they are getting real close to a good firearm in the price dept.   

DaveB50

Quote from: markasaurus on April 07, 2013, 04:39:52 AM
How much the price has shot up just in the last year!  I remember less then a year ago big supply house was selling them for $307.  Now you can't even find that company.  I paid $340 for mine from laurel cove outfitters and that was October 2012.  Honestly at the price they are now i wouldn't buy one again - they are getting real close to a good firearm in the price dept.   

Did you mean BIGsupplyshop? They have them for $313
http://www.bigsupplyshop.com/Benjamin-Sheridan-Benj-Maraud-Pneum-MS-Pistol-Bolt-BP2220_p_17850.html
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077