• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Crosmods

Started by blake.l, March 27, 2013, 10:34:46 PM

quickster47 †

It is a simple fact of life looming on the horizon.  Soon we will all be paying sales tax on any Internet purchase.  Sorry but that is what is happening in the business world so best you get prepared for it now.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

KevinP

Could be the way their billing system works 

Most likely this is the case ..... If it is the only person making the part that you want, out of state or in ... what's the big deal ...
like ... oh I have to pay $3.00 more for an awesome part that I want ....   ???
Kevin
Albany, New York

1377x

Quote from: blake.l on March 28, 2013, 12:22:40 AM
Thanks for the heads up.... Don't need the BS... I'll spend my funds elsewhere......
no problem!
its hit or miss these days when buying online
I was going to warn the yellow forum about a thief in their midst but because they have rules about that, I couldn't stop the thief as he was welcomed with open arms fed the sheep then slaughtered them. then the members said why didn't anyone warn us of him
I replied because its not allowed on the forum.
I did however help a few grateful members there by letting them know about the guy.they contacted me via email .I gave them the scoop they sat back along with me and watched some good guys get taken by a bad guy who could have been stopped if it wasn't for the rules
another thing that let the thief do what he did is the forum fighting. my forum is better than forum stuff got in the way of stopping the bad guy too. if all the forums collaborated instead of fighting it would not have happened
  all I am trying to do is give honest consumers a heads up on what to expect
if that bad guy comes here using the same name or giving any clue to who he is you better believe I am going to say something. I bet people wont be calling that bashing
when I told people mellon parts take awhile to get it wasn't bashing because he has good customer service and neither is this, just relaying what others have gone through.
I believe in second chances, I was duped by a vendor took my money and never sent my part.i finally got a refund from the vendor after a couple of months of no contact, good thing he reads his e-mails, he just doesn't respond to them. I was shocked when I got my refund it showed he does read his emails. will order from this vendor now he has made amends with the community by appolgy 
do some research before buying or dealing with anyone. if you type crosman or airgun forums in the google search bar it will take you to many sites.register in as many as you can bare use the search bars within the forums a lot of useful info will turn up. I am active in about 6 air gun forums and see some our other members in these same forums. 
the crosman community is very small vendors far and few between some are better than others just like with anything else
you asked a question and got an honest answer. i don't blow smoke or sunshine where it doesn't belong.

closed mouths dont get fed

1377x

its more than just sales tax with this vendor
its poor customer service and long shipping periods
you must have missed that part

quickster47 †

Quote from: 1377x on March 28, 2013, 09:10:38 PM
its more than just sales tax with this vendor
its poor customer service and long shipping periods
you must have missed that part

Ed, if you will remember a long time ago I was the first to warn folks about Crosmods and their poor service.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

1377x

Quote from: quickster47 on March 28, 2013, 09:12:57 PM
Ed, if you will remember a long time ago I was the first to warn folks about Crosmods and their poor service.

Carl

so you were the first to bash ;D ;D
thanks for pointing that out ;)
if only people would heed the warnings

BDS

Quote from: quickster47 on March 28, 2013, 08:57:19 PM
It is a simple fact of life looming on the horizon.  Soon we will all be paying sales tax on any Internet purchase.  Sorry but that is what is happening in the business world so best you get prepared for it now.

Carl

Yup, it's 10+ years into the internet sales boom on a huge scale and the politicians have been burning over this loss of local tax revenue for years now. The earlier comment about billing software or invoicing program could be very true, many states are now going directly after distributors and makers for sales taxes and even my Free republic of Idaho now has an entry in their state income tax filing documents where you self report purchases made outside the state and pay a "use tax" (also called mordida in Mexico, ricordo in Sicily and the Vig in NYC).  :D :-X
Brian

airguns100

Quote from: quickster47 on March 28, 2013, 09:12:57 PM

Carl

This website needs to set up a sticky thread. I was thinking a Rating system like Ebay for some of the machinists that are willing to take people hard earned capital, then treat them poorly. This type of behaviour needs to be posted, before anyone else gets put through some thing like that.

just my two
The OG gangster of the "bling"

jSan22

what a shame. arm and legs prices AND not that good of service plus sales tax for people in other states. even if its a few bucks, its money, hard earned money that they have no right to take if they arent required to.

pump-n-dump

For what it's worth, I placed an online order with crosmods 12 days ago for a FT Piston. I received no order confirmation and I've emailed twice to get confirmation and status. I haven't heard back or received anything yet. I live in a state with no sales tax (NH) yet I was still charged tax.  ???
I'll be seeking a refund soon and purchasing from a vendor that will actually respond to a paying customer's email. Doesn't seem like too much to ask and if so, I'll gladly take my money elsewhere.

BDS

Did you do a search on here or other AG forums for feedback before you purchased? In this thread alone, there are a half dozen posts about sales tax and customer "service" issues.

IMO, from the vast sets of negative threads on the web about this vendor... I would take the viewpoint that, if it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, etc etc.

Note: Not sure where Crosmods is physically located (they have no address info on their contact page, hint-hint) but, some states are aggressively going after sales taxes "due" from internet sales. They do this on a reciprocal basis with the tax colloectors in the state of manufacture or distribution, ie: "go get my tax money for me in your home state, and I'll go after yours in my home state". This may not be happening in your state but, vendors like the one discussed here just collect from everyone and hope for the best. It's an unethical practice at best, theoretically illegal at worst.
Brian

pump-n-dump

Quote from: BDS on January 22, 2014, 03:15:43 PM
Did you do a search on here or other AG forums for feedback before you purchased? In this thread alone, there are a half dozen posts about sales tax and customer "service" issues.

IMO, from the vast sets of negative threads on the web about this vendor... I would take the viewpoint that, if it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, etc etc.

Note: Not sure where Crosmods is physically located (they have no address info on their contact page, hint-hint) but, some states are aggressively going after sales taxes "due" from internet sales. They do this on a reciprocal basis with the tax colloectors in the state of manufacture or distribution, ie: "go get my tax money for me in your home state, and I'll go after yours in my home state". This may not be happening in your state but, vendors like the one discussed here just collect from everyone and hope for the best. It's an unethical practice at best, theoretically illegal at worst.
No. I hadn't done my research enough. I'm new to modding and assumed too much. However, that has changed and I must thank everyone for sharing their valuable info here.

BDS

pump-n-dump: It's an easy tarpit to fall into, all of us have at one time or another.

For any of these "niche" hobbies there are 3 levels of niche suppliers IMO, and they all should be researched before doing biz with e'm.

(this assumes that all 3 levels make good hardware)

Level 1 = True hobbyist vendor who has his "stuff" together, actually has a physical address posted, returns email and ph calls and has an interactive website or web presence that has actually been kept updated   :-*
Level 2 = Was a hobbyist and has gone sour on the hobby but, still makes good or hard to find stuff, may or may not return communications, and hasn't updated his website since his last bankruptcy hearing  :-X
Level 3 = Similar to level 2 vendor but, actually spends more time "floating" money received from customer orders (12 week delivery times) than he does making and shipping parts  >:(

I have been pretty lucky most of the time with the folks I have dealt with. I even have one fella who is restoring and totally upgrading the design of an airgun for me who actually sends me emails and pics once a week, without asking! He's a $pendy guy but, his mechanical work and resto work is flawless and the design work is better than the OEM design and parts. Not easy to find these guys, takes a lot of research and inquiry and homework. But it's worth it when you hold that 30 year old Crosman gun that looks better, and Is better than new. :-*
Brian

ped

i've bought once from crosmods the product is well made but very little info regarding shipping and took a few weeks to arrive(not that the wait time was excessive)
i would like a breech and a trigger at some stage as for the sales tax it's something that doesn't bother me too much as its less than our vat(same as your sales tax)and if i think the product is worth the total price inc shipping i'll get it
the bit that's more concerning is the lack of contact once the order is placed ,in the uk we're spoiled by gordon at gmac who lets you no straight away that your order has been received and when its shipped usually the same day if ordered in the morning
so for me it's a supplier i will use again but with caution
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

AS13

The general rule of thumb is if the seller is in your state they can charge sales tax. If they are out of state and have a warehouse/distribution center in your state they can charge sales tax. This recently happened here in CT with Amazon. They now have a distribution center in my state, so they will be charging sales tax.
Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

"Anything made can be made better."