• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Improving Your Sights For Low Light Shooting......

Started by allan.leigh04, April 07, 2013, 02:18:25 AM

allan.leigh04

Hi All,

After a fair bit of trial and error I have found even fiber optic sights can be improved in low light by using a drop of (believe it or not), my wifes glow in the dark nail polish, using the same colours as was used in the fiber optics; or choose your own for ordinary metal sights.

Myself, I use bright green for the rear sights; and bright yellow, or bright orange for the foresight.

I tried supposedly luminous paint, and glow in the very dark it did not; but the nail polish does, even though only very dull, but still 10 times better than the luminous paint.

And either product works great if you have any light behind you; although for both, light in front of you, and not behind you, hinders its efficiency.

But a short burst of a powerful torch (which I expect we most have now, seeing they are so small and cheap, and Surefire torches no longer reign supreme); does assist greatly.

Personally even though I have correctly sighted in lasers on all my handguns, I still take the time to aim correctly.

I guess it is just my years in the Australian Army, taught me a well aimed shot even under the pressure of operational circumstances: is a lot more effective than spraying heaps of rounds in a general area (as the USA forces tend to do, then wonder "why" so often complaints about unnecessary collateral damage).

Cheers Allan

Regards

Allan

Oh, & my use of bold so often, is NOT yelling or shouting, but rather so my aging eyes can read what I type.

Australian Army Veteran 1976-88, then 1999-2004 after running my own fitness/martial arts center for a few years.

Okinawan Isshinryu Karate exponent since aged 11 years. Now despite many achievements, still learning every day.

Winners Never Quit...&.....Quitters Never Win .

MSN & YIM rarely turned on.

quickster47 †

Quote from: allan.leigh04 on April 07, 2013, 02:18:25 AM

(as the USA forces tend to do, then wonder "why" so often complaints about unnecessary collateral damage).

Cheers Allan

From my experience in various situations I think the term better suited is "friendly fire".

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

allan.leigh04

All too often the case. So I agree, and meant nothing too detrimental about American forces by comment.
If any offence taken, I most sincerely apologize, okay.

Cheers Allan

Regards

Allan

Oh, & my use of bold so often, is NOT yelling or shouting, but rather so my aging eyes can read what I type.

Australian Army Veteran 1976-88, then 1999-2004 after running my own fitness/martial arts center for a few years.

Okinawan Isshinryu Karate exponent since aged 11 years. Now despite many achievements, still learning every day.

Winners Never Quit...&.....Quitters Never Win .

MSN & YIM rarely turned on.

quickster47 †

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

BDS

Reminds me of an old joke Carl, "how many U.S. Marines does it take to beat up just one Royal Aussie Marine? Answer: Ten U.S. Marines...  :D

Nine to catch the Aussie and one to beat him up!  ;D
Brian