• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Noob question

Started by Tater, April 07, 2013, 10:55:17 PM

Tater

Alright, I finally give up. I'm doing a trigger job on the 2240 right now. I already polished the trigger/sear, crazy glue the detent ball to the spring and polished a .22 bullet shell to go on the lighter spring I got from Ace.
This has been driving me nuts and a long search found nothing: Which way does the notch in the safety face? Up, down?   

*hangs head in shame for this thread....  :-[
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

bgmcgee

I do believe the notch goes towards the trigger.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

BigErn

The red part goes on the left. You will know if it's right because otherwise it won't fire I think. This always happens to me too tater  ;D ;D  I think it goes down though.

Tater

Thanks guys. I knew the red was left but that notch through me off. I've never took it completely out.
The steel ball is on the lower side of the spring them correct? To catch in the grooves?
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

BigErn

Quote from: Tater on April 07, 2013, 11:12:05 PM
Thanks guys. I knew the red was left but that notch through me off. I've never took it completely out.
The steel ball is on the lower side of the spring them correct? To catch in the grooves?

Yes balls on the bottom  :D ;D

Tater

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Brent

Did you get it?
How did your trigger job turn out... like it?

BerkshireHunter

I believe the notch on the safety pin faces downward. It's mean to engage the trigger below. Someone please correct me if mistaken.

Fronzdan

Tater

The trigger job almost came out too good. It is REALLY light. I'll have to test it though and let my wife try it too. Cleaned the barrel too and it was really dirty, got to season it now with lead. I have a slightly thicker spring if needed for the sear.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

JEBert

If you get the safety bar in with the red to the left, the only way the trigger will pull far enough to engage the sear is when the notch faces the the trigger, down, And the safety is OFF.
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

Fronzdan

Do the bang test to make sure it's not too light.

Tater

Quote from: Fronzdan on April 08, 2013, 05:27:22 PM
Do the bang test to make sure it's not too light.

It did pass the bang test but man is it light. Hopefully I get time to shoot it tonight.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

seagullplayer

Don't feel bad dude, the only reason I didn't come on here asking the same kind of questions when I did my 1322 trigger polish is because I have my 1377 setting there to look at!  ;)
Crosman 1377 scope, laser, tactical light
Crosman 1322
Crosman 600
Crosman storm XL
Benjamin  titan 22
Daisy 15XT
Beeman P17
Crosman Trail NP Pistol
WRS 350 .177

Martin, Harley, Goldwing and Cub Cadet, ya I'm like that...

quickster47 †

If you don't need or use the safety then you don't have to worry about such things.  :D

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †