• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Noob question

Started by Tater, April 07, 2013, 10:55:17 PM

Brent

Jerry - do you happen to have a part number or something for that spring you just bought? I have the trigger pretty light in my 1377, but would like to get it a tad lighter. I keep cutting a half coil off, but am about out of spring to do that again, and I don't want to go to stretching it to keep working on it.

If not, no sweat... I can figured this out... but I thought I would ask and give the one you used a try.  ;) :-*

Tater

Quote from: Brent on April 09, 2013, 05:22:06 AM
Jerry - do you happen to have a part number or something for that spring you just bought? I have the trigger pretty light in my 1377, but would like to get it a tad lighter. I keep cutting a half coil off, but am about out of spring to do that again, and I don't want to go to stretching it to keep working on it.

If not, no sweat... I can figured this out... but I thought I would ask and give the one you used a try.  ;) :-*

Shoot, I don't have the part number. I got it at Ace and they were sorted in bins but I didn't write the number down. If your near an Ace, I just brought the stock spring with me to the store and used it to compare. It was pretty easy to find the same size but with much thinner coils.
I actually have an extra of slightly thicker coils but still thinner then the stock spring. I'm not sure which I will use yet in my 2240 (ultra thin spring is in now but haven't shot it yet) but I could send you whichever I don't use.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Brent

Quote from: Tater on April 09, 2013, 05:33:55 AM
Shoot, I don't have the part number. I got it at Ace and they were sorted in bins but I didn't write the number down. If your near an Ace, I just brought the stock spring with me to the store and used it to compare. It was pretty easy to find the same size but with much thinner coils.
I actually have an extra of slightly thicker coils but still thinner then the stock spring. I'm not sure which I will use yet in my 2240 (ultra thin spring is in now but haven't shot it yet) but I could send you whichever I don't use.

Thanks Jerry!! That is Really cool of you to offer!!  :-*
I should be able to do the same thing. We don't have an Ace in town, but we do have a decent hardware store. When I went in they had one pretty close, but a bit wider. I will hit an Ace next time I am out of town near one, and see if I can do the same thing you did.

After you shoot it, let me know if you like the lightest one, or recommend the next one up.

Thanks Again!!!
Brent

rangerfredbob

I've had good luck just taking the stock spring out, with the action uncocked, compressing it in pliers or my fingers until it has about 1/16-1/8" of preload instead of 1/4" plus then reassembling, it works surprisingly well and is free (close enough even if you count your time, it's about 10 minutes, I did one in the woods using my bumper as a work bench...)
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

seagullplayer

On my 1322 I ended up putting the stock spring back in after compressing it.  I also used my dermal to
cut a notch to seat the spring, it took the bend out of the spring.
I think it works better.   ???

I agree ACE is the place!

Harbor Freight also sells a box of assorted springs, don't know that anything in the box would be close.
But you can catch it on sale for next to nothing.
Crosman 1377 scope, laser, tactical light
Crosman 1322
Crosman 600
Crosman storm XL
Benjamin  titan 22
Daisy 15XT
Beeman P17
Crosman Trail NP Pistol
WRS 350 .177

Martin, Harley, Goldwing and Cub Cadet, ya I'm like that...