• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

2300T 1st impressions

Started by Bazmati2020, April 10, 2013, 02:44:00 PM

Bazmati2020

I received my new 2300T this week, it's had a few cosmetic changes by the previous owner which are nice touches I think. 
http://instagram.com/p/Xtqp8yEQnq/

It seems a solid pistol with the tube, barrel, breech etc in steel.  I think the grips frame is spelter?

The grips are American maple and felt a little loose on one side, but I removed (lowered trigger tension) and refitted and all good.

At present I have the original front sights on as its too big for my biggest pistol case, is there a good make/type for these?

I shot with it for the first time this morning, only indoors due to noise (perhaps a threaded flip,instead of the ported one it has next purchase).

So this was the first shots, 10 per target at 5 meters and I have to say I'm pleased.  I've adjusted the mim sights (http://instagram.com/p/X4YaFnkQs8/   ) as was hitting left but didn't want to adjust in test as just seeing consistency.
http://instagram.com/p/X7HU16EQv3/

I shot a total of 65 but was unable to unscrew the cap which I assume is the pressure, not wanting to risk a pellet stuck I then dry fired another 6 times and it allowed me to unscrew.  Almost no hiss and the canister was not particularly cold (which I see with other co2 pistol I have freezing).

All in all, loving it and can't wait to get on the range to try longer distances and perhaps some pistol knock downs. :-*

crossliner

Nice pistol Mr. Baz  :-*..That is a unique-looking tube rear cap..Brass is hard to beat I have a 2400kt w/ brass decors but it's a pain to maintain the shine  >:( but polish always I do lol! Best regards.

quickster47 †

I do so like that blonde furniture your gun sports.  :-*

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

breakfastchef

When tweaked, the 2300 series are terrific pistols.
Larry

droid

Nice one Baz  :-* :-*

I get a loose grip sometimes on some of the ones I buy, sometimes it is the screws are a tad too long and they meet in the middle.

Loving the look with the brass. You just need one of Matt's doofers now with a sight pin.
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

Brent

I remember seeing that pistol when you were buying it, and really liked it then too.

It looks to be grouping very nicely... cool  :-*

Glad you got it. Enjoy it  :)

targettgii

Looks nice and a shooter too. :-* :-* :-*
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

arkmaker †

It's amazing when you get a good barrel what these are capable of. Trick is finding that barrel. Looks like you have a keeper! Looks good too!
:-*
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Crosshairs

Nice shooter and nice shooting my question why would someone part with such a nice gun you got lucky with this one. :-*
                               Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Bazmati2020

Thanks guys.

Previous owner into serious 10 meter target shooting and selling several pistols to fund a top of the range target pistol.

Good for me  :)

KevinP

Very nice looking and very nice shooting ...   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York