• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

1377 wire stock

Started by Baltim0re28, April 11, 2013, 02:58:18 PM

quickster47 †

Quote from: Baltim0re28 on April 12, 2013, 05:41:12 PM
That would look REALLY good on my 1377 build..lol.

Here's a link to the parts and pieces Adam sells.

http://talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9980

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Baltim0re28

James.

JEBert

QuoteNow I'm wondering should I go with bent stock or straight stock...??
A lot to consider.  It might depend on your sighting system.  With iron sights, you need a bent stock.  With a red dot sight, depending on the mount and/or adapter, you may want the straight stock.  With scope rings: high rings, go with a straight stock.  Low rings, you're gonna need a bent stock to get a cheek weld low enough to see through the scope.  Straight stock, will have a cheek weld as high as a RAP4 stock w/adapter.  See through rings are high but with a straight stock, you won't be able to get your eye low enough to see through them to use the iron sights (which is the purpose of see-through rings).
All that is with a standard height breech, riser breeches (to use with a full barrel shroud) won't have those issues but any of those might need a cheek piece depending on the sighting system height.
Also, what look are you going for?
And surely there is more that I haven't thought of.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

Baltim0re28

Quote from: JEBert on April 12, 2013, 09:32:55 PM
A lot to consider.  It might depend on your sighting system.  With iron sights, you need a bent stock.  With a red dot sight, depending on the mount and/or adapter, you may want the straight stock.  With scope rings: high rings, go with a straight stock.  Low rings, you're gonna need a bent stock to get a cheek weld low enough to see through the scope.  Straight stock, will have a cheek weld as high as a RAP4 stock w/adapter.  See through rings are high but with a straight stock, you won't be able to get your eye low enough to see through them to use the iron sights (which is the purpose of see-through rings).
All that is with a standard height breech, riser breeches (to use with a full barrel shroud) won't have those issues but any of those might need a cheek piece depending on the sighting system height.
Cheers,

More than likely ill be putting a scope on it. Have scopes on all of my other guns and pretty much prefer a scope over anything else. Not really sure where I'm going with this build. For some reason this one doesn't really have a set idea like my others.. Kinda just rolling with it. I do think I'm going with some wood grips on this one tho. My 2289 and 2400kt are both sporting the 1399 stocks and the plastic/composite matching foregrip. I like the looks of the bent and the straight stocks and just can't really decide OR know what's comfortable without trying each. You have given me a plethora of information in your post and I appreciate it. Choices, choices..
James.

BigErn

Cheers,

Great info.

Brent

Cheers,
Great post Jerry!  :-*

1377x

Quote from: quickster47 on April 12, 2013, 05:45:37 PM
Here's a link to the parts and pieces Adam sells.

http://talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9980

Carl

I know this is off topic don't stone me please
while I was at the shop today I got to check out the new condor ss and it was a beauty. nice and maneuverable didn't get to shoot it but it is light
just thought I would share after seeing the talon tunes link
closed mouths dont get fed

Baltim0re28

Quote from: 1377x on April 13, 2013, 07:24:26 AM
I know this is off topic don't stone me please
while I was at the shop today I got to check out the new condor ss and it was a beauty. nice and maneuverable didn't get to shoot it but it is light
just thought I would share after seeing the talon tunes link

I don't mind at all.. Now if I end up looking into one and eventually purchasing one, I wouldn't be the person to worry about anyway.. I'm gonna point my other half in YOUR direction when she starts asking why I bought another airgun. ;)
James.

Baltim0re28

Wondering should I ask this somewhere else but I'll try here and see the responses I get.. Anyone know where I could get a pointed stainless or aluminum breech end cap? I know with all the guys in here making custom parts, someone has them or can make them.
James.

crossliner

Yes something like this but it's a pointed 2400kt tube cap to match my pointed C02 cap w/ pointed brass insert..I had it redone though ( this is an old pic) and had the tapering moved further back so that it matches well w/ the flat breech plug..It's wrong as you can see but it's been rectified. Best regards..

Baltim0re28

I'd like to find someone that is making them in stainless or aluminum. For right now I only want the end cap for the breech. Next will be for the tube. Btw, that looks great!!
James.

1377x

contact chongman he may be able to help send him a pm
closed mouths dont get fed