• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Pellet trap cleaning

Started by Crosshairs, April 12, 2013, 05:07:45 PM

Crosshairs

I cleaned my old trap out so i could use the duct seal in my new pellet trap i put a toy army man in there so you could see how deep the pellets are.
                              Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

Quote from: Crosshairs on April 12, 2013, 05:07:45 PM
I cleaned my old trap out so i could use the duct seal in my new pellet trap i put a toy army man in there so you could see how deep the pellets are.
                              Mike

Where in the world is Waldo?

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

RC1947

I always pluck out the pellets using needle nose pliers after each shooting session. RC

Crosshairs

Crosshairs

Quote from: RC1947 on April 12, 2013, 05:29:43 PM
I always pluck out the pellets using needle nose pliers after each shooting session. RC
I started out doing the same thing RC but it just got a bit out of hand. It must have lost 3/4 the weight lol.
                           Mike

quickster47 †

Quote from: Crosshairs on April 12, 2013, 05:07:45 PM
                              Mike

Do you recycle your used pellets?

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Crosshairs

Quote from: quickster47 on April 12, 2013, 05:42:19 PM
Do you recycle your used pellets?

Carl

Yes Carl i have a friend that makes PB bullets with the pellets not sure what he adds to the lead but he sure does a nice job they are not as soft at pellets but man do they work well he even waxes them for me bees wax i think. he's been making them for me for 20 years or more i meet him at my range way back when, he showed me the ropes on reloading.
                       Mike

KevinP

Quote from: Crosshairs on April 12, 2013, 05:50:14 PM
Yes Carl i have a friend that makes PB bullets with the pellets not sure what he adds to the lead but he sure does a nice job they are not as soft at pellets but man do they work well he even waxes them for me bees wax i think. he's been making them for me for 20 years or more i meet him at my range way back when, he showed me the ropes on reloading.
                       Mike

That's cool ...  Johnson's floor wax it the best thing to use ....
Kevin
Albany, New York

Brent

Damn Mike  :o ;) ;D
That was some shooting there to get all that  ;)

I used to clean the pellets out, but was short on time with stuff going on in life... that eventually decided to just let them stack up in there. Will do so eventually, but I found once they are stacked up, they actually come out in chunks and it seems easier than picking them out as each one.  ;)

You guys lost me on the waxing of the PB bullets... how does that help?

Crosshairs

Waxing helps seating the lead bullet into the shell.

Tater

Quote from: Crosshairs on April 12, 2013, 09:07:04 PM
Waxing helps seating the lead bullet into the shell.

It probably helps keep moisture out too I would imagine.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

JEBert

Lube on bullets may help seat the bullets without damaging them and it also helps to seal out moisture but the main reason for bullet lube on lead bullets is to minimize leading of the barrel when the bullets are fired.  The softer the lead and the faster the shot, the more you will lead up your barrel, even if you lube them.
Copper jacketed bullets require no lube.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

Fronzdan

Cleaning out duct seal....ugh, not as fun as filling it up, that's for sure.

BerkshireHunter

Finally got into duct seal myself, should have a million years ago! I try not to let it get too full of pellets, but my trap is only temporary. It's just a plastic box that already has a few holes through it.  ;D

Cool to hear some folks recycle the lead.

mudduck48

I have a nice cardboard box full of towels and carpet scraps. Shot about 2000 into it so far and haven't cleaned it out yet. When I do, I'll keep the lead for fishing weights. :P
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.