• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Got a question or you guys..

Started by Baltim0re28, May 01, 2013, 02:51:41 AM

Baltim0re28

Do you guys "finish" off a project before you start another one? Or do you just have multiple guns that you just continuously add too until you are content and consider them finished? I have a dilemma and trying to see how you all handle it. I have a 2289 that I'm waiting on two more parts then its done, a 2400kt that's a work in progress and a 1377 that's a work in progress. But now I'm thinking I need a 2240. I might leave it stock for awhile to get in on the 2240 shoot that you guys have.. Seems like fun. I'm really gonna be tempted to upgrade tho but will have to fight the urge for awhile.. So again, my question is do you "finish" a project or have multiple projects going on at the same time?
James.

sandpiper

Quote from: Baltim0re28 on May 01, 2013, 02:51:41 AM
Do you guys "finish" off a project before you start another one? Or do you just have multiple guns that you just continuously add too until you are content and consider them finished? I have a dilemma and trying to see how you all handle it. I have a 2289 that I'm waiting on two more parts then its done, a 2400kt that's a work in progress and a 1377 that's a work in progress. But now I'm thinking I need a 2240. I might leave it stock for awhile to get in on the 2240 shoot that you guys have.. Seems like fun. I'm really gonna be tempted to upgrade tho but will have to fight the urge for awhile.. So again, my question is do you "finish" a project or have multiple projects going on at the same time?

Heh, Heh ..... I have more projects than I know what to do with. Between the actual projects and the thought projects, waiting for parts or good weather to refinish the wood I'll never be caught up and I'll probably have more projects after I return from the CT air gun show  :P

quickster47 †

Personally I usually have from one to three guns in various states of being modified.  That way if you are waiting on parts for one gun you can work on another.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

WyoMan

^^^^^Exactly what Carl said  :-* I have 2 in assembly and parts ordered for the third.....
its easier to wait on parts and the parts makers appreciate that  :)
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

Cwlongshot

I'm working on two awaiting number three & four.  :-[ :-[  :-\

1) My '65 Sheridan rebuild. Its about as far as it can go until I get the workings back form MAC1.

2) the 1377.. got lots planned but going to shoot it a bit in between...  :P

3) A 2240 I have yet to receive. That one is getting just a couple things. I'll have it assembled and ready to shoot a couple hours after receiving it. :)

4) My original Sheridan. I do not know what its condition will be... I assume its bed sitting somewhere for years. As my ''friend'' whom I lent it too could not find it for almost a month. Likely it was not left with a pump or two in it so I am assuming its seals will be a bit dry. If its real bad, I'll just send IT to Tim too.

CW

BENJAMIN's: 392PA '11 • Marauder .25 • MAC1 tuned Disco .22 • 397P Nickle '81

CROSMAN's:  1389 Back Packer .20 '86 • Hawthorne M140 4th variant • 357 W/8'' '90 • 760 '75 • 1377 '13 CARBINE LOTS ''O'' Mods • 2200 Magnum '81 (First Gen) • 2100 '13 • 2240 '13 

DAISY's:  25 '10 • Red Ryder • 22X • 922

DIANA's:  34 .22 '05 (RWS)

SHERIDAN's:  Blue Streak '82  Steroid • Blue Streak '65 Steroid • Blue Streak '70 • Blue Streak '72 • C9 Blue Streak

WEBLY's:  Longbow .177 • Hurricane  .177

XISICO's:  XS60c .22 PCP

brz-ryder †

Like the other guys seems like always waiting for parts or tooling to make something so have more than one gun waiting. I just got the metal i ordered for the Gauntlet 2 challenge so now have that to do to  ???

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

Crosshairs

I have more then one gun in the works almost all of the time sometimes it's a customers and most of the time there mine. Right now i have four guns i'm working on or just changing to a new look.
                            Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

mudduck48

It is never finished. While you are at it, buy 2, 2240 pistols, that way you can shoot in the bone stock while you mod the other one.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Baltim0re28

Quote from: mudduck48 on May 01, 2013, 04:05:39 AM
It is never finished. While you are at it, buy 2, 2240 pistols, that way you can shoot in the bone stock while you mod the other one.

Was waiting for this response from someone.. I knew it wouldn't take too long. Wish I could find a nice sale on them and I would buy two. For now might just stick with the bone stock until I can't stand it anymore and start the modding process. Thanks everyone for your responses so far.
James.

breakfastchef

Modding Crosman guns would be difficult for anyone who needs closure in their life. Whether you have one or three projects, they are never totally, completely, definitely finished.
Larry

Tater

I'll answer the question when I finally finish one. 
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Brent

I actually had to sit and reflect about it for a second to answer this.

Haven't touched the 2300S at all except for 1701p grips, not even a trigger job because it actually came from the factory with a pretty smooth trigger in it, and the adjustable pull which is all the way to its lightest setting is fine (it was NIB, but an older build with even the brass trigger... seems like they built it well back then). It has my best sight, a SP1 on it, and when bench rested is very accurate. Done with that one, don't want to mess with it now that it is perfectly sighted in. Maybe a trigger job one day, or a 1701p  trigger group... Maybe ;)

The 1377 was my first pistol, and it only has the fore stock changed out, 1701p grips, the sight slot on the peep side lengthened, and a trigger job. Darn if it isn't really accurate with the factory peep for the way I shoot, and now I am half scared to touch it for fear of never getting it back to liking it as much as I do now. It is just plain comfortable and fun to shoot when I want open sights, a little challenge, easy loading,  and general satisfying shooting in an evening. It also adapts quickly as my carbine, and the gun the kids shoot. She is going to be left alone for a while ;)

The P17 is just plain Fun. Have had the other 2 cheaper red dots and the scope on and off of her a bunch (she has a barrel length rail, which makes it easy)... open sights, what ever, it is just to easy to goof around with her for this and that. I am getting ready to put higher quality orings in her, and had tore her down and relubed her almost as soon as I got her, but not allot of mods you can do on her.

The others it seems like I am working on though, and am also working on building a scratch build for the Gauntlet. Thinking out plans and reaearching parts, ordering parts, fixing them, making them shoot better, work better, and swapping some stuff between them... so yah... I guess in thinking about it - I am not done yet by a long shot in working on them  ;)

Bought a 1322 upper tonight, so that it can be my work on it modded pumper.

How about this month I worked on guns more than I shot.  :o :-[  That is a first for me. Was telling myself I "could get those comp targets shot tomorrow night"... and next thing I know it is the end of the month  :o ;) Decided next month, am going to do a better job of balancing the two.   ;) ;D

Long story... but that's where I am at to answer your question  ;) :P ???

Tater

Quote from: Brent on May 01, 2013, 06:46:56 AM
I actually had to sit and reflect about it for a second to answer this.

Haven't touched the 2300S at all except for 1701p grips, not even a trigger job because it actually came from the factory with a pretty smooth trigger in it, and the adjustable pull which is all the way to its lightest setting is fine (it was NIB, but an older build with even the brass trigger). It has my best sight, a SP1 on it, and when bench rested is very accurate. Done with that one, don't want to mess with it now that it is perfectly sighted in. Maybe a trigger job one day, or a 1701p  trigger group... Maybe ;)

The 1377 was my first pistol, and it only has the fore stock changed out, 1701p grips, the sight slot on the peep side lengthened, and a trigger job. Darn if it isn't really accurate with the factory peep for the way I shoot, and now I am half scared to touch it for fear of never getting it back to liking it as much as I do now. It is just plain comfortable and fun to shoot when I want open sights, a little challenge, easy loading,  and general satisfying shooting in an evening. It also adapts quickly as my carbine, and the gun the kids shoot. She is going to be left alone for a while ;)

The P17 is just plain Fun. Have had the other 2 cheaper red dots and the scope on and off of her a bunch (she has a barrel length rail, which makes it easy)... open sights, what ever, it is just to easy to goof around with her for this and that. I am getting ready to put higher quality orings in her, and had tore her down and relubed her almost as soon as I got her, but not allot of mods you can do on her.

The others it seems like I am working on though, and am also working on building a scratch build for the Gauntlet. Thinking out plans and reaearching parts, ordering parts, fixing them, making them shoot better, work better, and swapping some stuff between them... so yah... I guess in thinking about it - I am not done yet by a long shot in working on them  ;)

Bought a 1322 upper tonight, so that it can be my work on it modded pumper.

How about this month I worked on guns more than I shot.  :o :-[  That is a first for me. Was telling myself I "could get those comp targets shot tomorrow night"... and next thing I know it is the end of the month  :o ;) Decided next month, am going to do a better job of balancing the two.   ;) ;D

Long story... but that's where I am at to answer your question  ;) :P ???

Off topic, but I bought a metric o-ring set from HF for my wife's P17. I'm not sure of the quality (I'll check which material their made of), but if you need one, I'd be happy to mail one out to ya.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Brent

Wow... Very Cool  :) :-*
I think I am good there Jerry, but won't know for sure until I get into her. Researched a bunch on the Net, and even though mine aren't metric... I think I have ones that will work  ???

BigErn

I like to work on multiple guns at the same time in case I get frustrated with one I go to another  :)