• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Crosman steel breech question

Started by USMA-1982, May 02, 2013, 10:13:41 PM

USMA-1982

My first Crosman is a 2300KT, with long steel breech, 10.1" LW barrel, Williams notch sight, muzzle brake, trigger shoe and cocobolo grips.  I'm happy with it for my primary purpose of bullseye target shooting, except: the dovetail on the breech seems to be milled just a hair off center.  It's very noticeable because of the flat surface of the Williams sight and appears to be off by at least 2 - 3 degrees.  My question is, is this common to all Crosman steel breeches or did I just get one that slipped by QC.  I have a SS breech on order from Don Cothran that hopefully will solve that problem, but I plan to put the Crosman breech on my 2240.  If this is a common problem, has anyone come up with a fix like a shim or re-machining the dovetail?

Thanks all.
Ed
Ed

Fredericksburg VA

quickster47 †

I think you must have gotten the one made on Monday or Friday.  Out of 20 long steel breeches I've never run across the problem you describe.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Bill L.

I think it is in the sight itself.You must keep the screw on top snug as you tighten the dovetail  screw or the sight will cock over.Also if you mount it as far forward as it should be the bolt handle will hit it.That is why the 2300s has a longer bolt handle. I like the LPA much better than Williams although the williams is impressive looking.
I got a new Mark II for my wife and kids... I think it was a pretty good trade.

Brent

Bill might be onto it there... when I mounted the Williams on the 2300S when I got it, had to do that to fit it right.

If not, I would contact Crosman. They might help you there since it came on the CCS gun (nice combination you got there by the way). I would think they don't want you to put up with that either.

USMA-1982

Thanks, I have played around with the sight quite a bit, and it's definitely the breech.  I read one other post on one of the forums, can't remember which one, complaining of the same problem.  It doesn't appear to be systemic though so I'll call Crosman and see what they can do.
Ed

Fredericksburg VA

Fronzdan

Don't think I've seen this on any of mine.  Most likely an isolated QC goof up.  But I can guarantee you won't see that on a Cothran breech.