• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Looking for a tip...

Started by Cwlongshot, May 03, 2013, 04:05:12 AM

JMJinNC

Two tips:

1. If you choose not to remove the grip frame, place the safety in the "fire" position and clamp a wooden clothespin onto the left side of the safety pin, pressed up tight against the left side of the grip frame. This keeps the pin straight and in position, and hopefully keeps the ball & spring in there as well. Take off the trigger cover, then quickly apply a piece of masking tape over the ball and spring until you're done working on the trigger.

2. If the ball and spring are removed, I do the following to reinstall (again, if you choose not to remove the grip-frame)
- insert spring into position in groove
- insert the tip of an Xacto knife under the spring and use the side of the blade to push up on the spring to make space for the ball
- use fine tip tweezers (or a toothpick with a dab of grease on it) to place the ball under the spring in the groove
- carefully lower the spring onto the ball whilst holding the spring/ball in the groove (with the tweezers/toothpick)
- quickly apply a piece of masking tape over the spring/ball to prevent ejection

This is not easy to do, but it's possible with enough practice.

JMJ
John

BDS

Method 1: same as yours, plus a little grease to hold onto the ball/spring

Preferred Method (takes more time) with breech and main tube off of the grip frame, the safety can be replaced and the spring and ball can be dropped down into the hole (ball first)  from the top of the trigger frame.
Brian

Cwlongshot

Quote from: onebaddj on May 03, 2013, 02:26:48 PM
300 watt bulbs! Are you tanning while your working?

LOL, I like to see what I am doing. ;)

Thanks again everyone!!!

CW
BENJAMIN's: 392PA '11 • Marauder .25 • MAC1 tuned Disco .22 • 397P Nickle '81

CROSMAN's:  1389 Back Packer .20 '86 • Hawthorne M140 4th variant • 357 W/8'' '90 • 760 '75 • 1377 '13 CARBINE LOTS ''O'' Mods • 2200 Magnum '81 (First Gen) • 2100 '13 • 2240 '13 

DAISY's:  25 '10 • Red Ryder • 22X • 922

DIANA's:  34 .22 '05 (RWS)

SHERIDAN's:  Blue Streak '82  Steroid • Blue Streak '65 Steroid • Blue Streak '70 • Blue Streak '72 • C9 Blue Streak

WEBLY's:  Longbow .177 • Hurricane  .177

XISICO's:  XS60c .22 PCP