• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Crosman barrel mix up

Started by USMA-1982, May 08, 2013, 05:31:12 PM

USMA-1982

I'm trying to get the 10.1" .22 barrel for my 2240, part # 2300-104.  Twice now, Crosman has shipped me 12" barrels, but the invoices list the part number and description for the 10" barrel.  I'm going to send these back and try again, but anyone have any idea what's up with the Crosman parts dept?
Ed

Fredericksburg VA

bgmcgee

Did you try to order the 1322 barrel? You might have better luck. part#1322-064. I have had a couple of my orders screwed up by Crosman but they have always made it right in the end.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

BDS

Could be as simple as the bin location for those barrels is mis-labeled in their assembly or storeroom areas, from your comment, sounds like their computer database accepts the 2300-104 P/N and ships and invoices it but... someone is physically puling 12" barrels that are ID'd as the 10" 2300-104?

Never had this prob with crosman parts folks before, try the 1322 barrel P/N as mcgee noted.
Brian

USMA-1982

I suspect it's someone in fulfillment pulling from the wrong bin too.  I mentioned that when I reordered the barrel and so was surprised to get a second 12" barrel.  I may keep one just for future mods, but don't see the need for two.  I put a 2250 tube on my 2240 so I can add the forearm, and I think the 10" barrel has the right proportion for the best look, even though I give up a few FPS in performance.

Does anyone know what came with a 12" barrel?  Was it for the 2289? 
Ed

Fredericksburg VA

BDS

The old 2289 was a 14" barrel, the current are 12" +
Brian

USMA-1982

Crosman customer service responded to my on-line inquiry within 30 minutes.  They said "sounds like someone grabbed the wrong barrel when the order was filled" and to return the barrel for the correct one.  Still, same mistake twice?
Ed

Fredericksburg VA

BDS

Ok, we were right then about pulling the wrong part to ship the RIGHT part number  :D :-*
Brian

DaveB50

I would ask them to send you a prepaid shipping label, otherwise you'll be stuck with that cost. When I did that on a wrong grip frame they sent me, they told me to keep it, and they sent the correct one.
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

Crosshairs

Do you want to get rid of one of them.
                   Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

USMA-1982

DaveB50 - good idea about the prepaid label, thanks.  I'll call back and ask for one tomorrow.

Mike - I'm using the first one on my 2240 mod until the 10" finally gets here.  After that I won't need it because for me, 12 inches is too long for a pistol and too short for a carbine.  If you're interested it was $12.40.

BTW - I think the 12" is a Marauder barrel, (item # 2220-017, Barrel, .22 Cal, 12").  It has the three notches milled into the top of the barrel at the breech end.
Ed

Fredericksburg VA

DaveB50

Ed, they should also send your correct barrel out now, not make you wait until they get that back. It's not like we are talking about hundreds of dollars worth of merchandise here, and it was their fault, not yours.
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
P17
Crosman 1077

USMA-1982

Just wanted to report Crosman emailed a prepaid shipping label this morning, followed shortly by email confirming shipment of the (hopefully) correct 10" barrel. I give credit to Crosman and Cameron in customer service for correcting (we'll see anyway) the problem.
Ed

Fredericksburg VA

BDS

There are some good folks at Cros HQ... the gun quality can be questionable at times but, the folks try hard.
Brian

DaveB50

Quote from: USMA-1982 on May 09, 2013, 07:44:29 PM
Just wanted to report Crosman emailed a prepaid shipping label this morning, followed shortly by email confirming shipment of the (hopefully) correct 10" barrel. I give credit to Crosman and Cameron in customer service for correcting (we'll see anyway) the problem.

That's great to hear.
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
P17
Crosman 1077