• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Cannot stand it anymore..

Started by Baltim0re28, May 09, 2013, 01:30:38 AM

Baltim0re28

The 2240 that I ordered last week finally came in today an I cut it out of the packaging as soon as I came home from work. All intentions are to keep it stock at least until I get to put a few shots through it and possibly shoot the "bone stock" competition at least once. I've sat here and picked it up at least 100 times debating whether I want to rip it apart and start polishing internals, changing springs, changing grips etc.. I foresee another 2240 getting ordered in the future, just not sure when. Has it been this hard for the rest of you guys to leave it stock, or am I just suffering from crosmoditis?
James.

quickster47 †

You might as well order another one right now and tear into the one you just received.  Otherwise you are gonna suffer from some sort of stress related problem that is caused by a Crosman fetish and insurance probably won't cover you.  :D

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Brent

Quote from: quickster47 on May 09, 2013, 01:48:33 AM
You might as well order another one right now and tear into the one you just received.  Otherwise you are gonna suffer from some sort of stress related problem that is caused by a Crosman fetish and insurance probably won't not cover you.  :D

Carl
lmao
Good advice Carl!! :-*

Baltim0re28

Quote from: quickster47 on May 09, 2013, 01:48:33 AM
You might as well order another one right now and tear into the one you just received.  Otherwise you are gonna suffer from some sort of stress related problem that is caused by a Crosman fetish and insurance probably won't not cover you.  :D

Carl

;D ;D :D.. I'm thinking about just selling off the gamo silent cat I bought when I first got back into airguns a few months back(that I shot a total of 10 times,lol)... And buying 2 more 2240's. Or just one more and have some money for new parts.. Then I might just sell the microwave since we don't use that much either, and possibly the TV. I don't need to watch TV if I can have more airguns to shoot. I could see if anyone needs any body parts.. I could sell an arm or a leg and still shoot.. I don't have a problem, this is normal to think like this.... Right?!? :D :D
James.

Crosshairs

Order two more you know you want to.  ;D
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

arkmaker †

Yes, it's normal! I just had hip surgery so I could stay home for a couple of months and play with my airguns, which seems perfectly sane to me  ;) ;D ;D ;D
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

breakfastchef

Modding Crosman guns can be as addicting as heroin and cocaine. Enjoy the ride!
Larry

Baltim0re28

Quote from: arkmaker on May 09, 2013, 03:12:41 AM
Yes, it's normal! I just had hip surgery so I could stay home for a couple of months and play with my airguns, which seems perfectly sane to me  ;) ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D Hope everything went well!! Decided to pull the 1377 apart instead and polish everything inside of that to hold me over for a bit.. Waiting on my barrel band to come in so figured I'd get it ready. What type of lube should I use for the hammer when I put it back in?
James.

onebaddj

A pint of plasma will get you a boss valve a too break and trigger! O I mean about $150.  :-*

If you have to tinker and I usually do, start on the trigger. Its easy and odd are you have 2 plastic washers to take up the slop in the trigger group. Last time I bought a CCS 2400 I had parts either here or on their way. It only gets worse bro, welcome to the club.
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

Brent

Quote from: Baltim0re28 on May 09, 2013, 02:02:41 AM
;D ;D :D.. I'm thinking about just selling off the gamo silent cat I bought when I first got back into airguns a few months back(that I shot a total of 10 times,lol)... And buying 2 more 2240's. Or just one more and have some money for new parts.. Then I might just sell the microwave since we don't use that much either, and possibly the TV. I don't need to watch TV if I can have more airguns to shoot. I could see if anyone needs any body parts.. I could sell an arm or a leg and still shoot.. I don't have a problem, this is normal to think like this.... Right?!? :D :D
This IS normal ;) :-*
Right!! :-* :-*

??? ???

Too funny!!! ;D ;D

Brent

Quote from: arkmaker on May 09, 2013, 03:12:41 AM
Ahhh... the truth comes out! ;) ;)
and there I was feeling bad for you ;) :D

WyoMan

No one talks you down here so the best advice is to have enough guns to mod and shoot while yer waiting on parts for the other mods  :D
I lube my striker with a thin layer of moly just rub it on with my fingers, check for burrs at all the pump tube inlets first....
good to put striker in tube and see how fast it falls......can do this at different angles to check any catch points  :)
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

Baltim0re28

Quote from: onebaddj on May 09, 2013, 03:38:50 AM
A pint of plasma will get you a boss valve a too break and trigger! O I mean about $150.  :-*

If you have to tinker and I usually do, start on the trigger. Its easy and odd are you have 2 plastic washers to take up the slop in the trigger group. Last time I bought a CCS 2400 I had parts either here or on their way. It only gets worse bro, welcome to the club.

I have boatloads of small washers leftover from my RC cars. Some of them actually work perfect to take up the slop in the trigger.
Also found that these,

Work perfectly to take up the slop here..

And one on each side of here..

They are teflon and made to take up the slop in the wheel bearings of RC cars so I know they can withstand the little bit of friction from pumping. A little bit of moly and it's smooth as can be.  :-*
James.

Brent

Quote from: WyoMan on May 09, 2013, 03:48:45 AM
I lube my striker with a thin layer of moly just rub it on with my fingers, check for burrs at all the pump tube inlets first....
good to put striker in tube and see how fast it falls......can do this at different angles to check any catch points  :)
^^^^  That's some good as advise there Wyo!! :-*
Learned something there, but normally always do from you :-*

Brent

Quote from: Baltim0re28 on May 09, 2013, 04:01:08 AM
I have boatloads of small washers leftover from my RC cars. Some of them actually work perfect to take up the slop in the trigger.
Also found that these,

Work perfectly to take up the slop here..

And one on each side of here..

They are teflon and made to take up the slop in the wheel bearings of RC cars so I know they can withstand the little bit of friction from pumping. A little bit of moly and it's smooth as can be.  :-*
^^^^ That's a Great tip too!! :-*
Thanks!