• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Cannot stand it anymore..

Started by Baltim0re28, May 09, 2013, 01:30:38 AM

Baltim0re28

Thanks for the tip Wyo.. Have some moly here so ill use that. Already deburred the sharp edges and any rough points but will definitely check after I put the hammer back in.. I unfortunately succumbed to the temptation of taking the 2240 apart.(I can't help it for some reason,I don't think I'll EVER be able to leave something stock). I polished the sear and the hammer in the 2240 and then was looking at the tube... Does anyone see what I see? I'd rather not say anything and see if you guys notice it..

(The ruler isn't there for measuring purposes)
I'm honestly pretty mad right now...
James.

Trophyhunter49

Is the hole off just a little!!! ??? ???

Baltim0re28

Quote from: Trophyhunter49 on May 09, 2013, 04:23:20 AM
Is the hole off just a little!!! ??? ???

That's what I thought I was seeing... Seems like its almost drilled at an angle also. I feel like its going to throw the whole breech off to the side a little, or make it really hard to get the breech screw to sit correctly.
James.

mudduck48

Quote from: Baltim0re28 on May 09, 2013, 04:01:08 AM
I have boatloads of small washers leftover from my RC cars. Some of them actually work perfect to take up the slop in the trigger.
Also found that these,

Work perfectly to take up the slop here..

And one on each side of here..

They are teflon and made to take up the slop in the wheel bearings of RC cars so I know they can withstand the little bit of friction from pumping. A little bit of moly and it's smooth as can be.  :-*
it worked ,didn't it?
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

targettgii

That's what I saw also the one furthest from the transfer port.The new screw position.
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Baltim0re28

Quote from: mudduck48 on May 09, 2013, 04:43:51 AM
it worked ,didn't it?

Works flawlessly. Hopefully that screw hole doesn't cause any problems when I get a steel breech to go on the 2240. Not really sure which hole is actually the straight one, I just know that they don't line up like they should.  ???
James.

mudduck48

We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Baltim0re28

Emailed Crosman and sent them a picture of the tube. This is the response that I got back.
"Dear Mr. Ferguson,

While towards the outside of our tolerances this should not affect the performance of your 2240. Thank you for contacting us about this and if you have any other questions or concerns we will be happy to help out with them.

Thank You,
Kevin."

??? ???
James.

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

BDS

That response is BS of the highest order... I just now looked at your post with the pic and that is also BS!  >:(

I could do better on my bench with a hand drill... in the dark... drunk! :D

I would take a few more pics, pack up the part and send it Att: Cust Service Manager; Crosman Corp. with a brief letter about the quality and your disapointment (Note, if you bought this at PA or AGD, you should just pack it up and return for a full refund, within 30 days of purch.)

The problem with email and website chats is they go off into the vapor and no one else has any oversight, hard copy and hardware can't be denied or tossed off as just customer annoyance.  :-*
Brian

Baltim0re28

I polished the hammer and the seer on there. By doing that, I'm guessing I voided the warranty and would end up having a problem. I agree with that response being complete B.S., that's why I didn't even respond back yet.
James.