• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

QUALITY CONTROL ?

Started by mudduck48, May 09, 2013, 05:33:18 AM

mudduck48

So there I was shooting my guns this after noon and I thought I would grab my 357 I got for Chrismas and shoot it. I keep track of how many shots I shoot out of my co2 guns on a piece of paper. I had shot 10 shots out of my 357, so I thought that I would have many more to go. Loaded her up with 10 pellets, got on the bench, to see if it was sighted in, pulled the hammer back, took the cross bolt safety off, pulled the trigger and CLICK!! no boom!! The cart was empty. I just put the cart in less that 1 week ago. My other co2 guns hold, but not this one. That is number 4!!! I am not going to buy any more Crosmam air guns made in the last year or this  year. They are JUNK!! We all need to get a hold of Crosman and tell them if this is the kind on quality that they are going to put out, then they need to get a life!!! This thing should have held the pressure for a least 2 weeks. DUCK THEM! This is it!!!!!
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Brent

Duck... run outside and check if there is a cloud hanging over your house. I swear you are getting some of the worst airgun luck ever  :o :o ??? ;)

The recent quality issues popping up are concerning me too!! It is to much it seems, in a short period of time. Tubes drilled wrong (and what looks to be another one found tonight now) and barrels installed wrong - are serious QC issues! The Trail NP is not even worth going there :( ???

Having said that, my pretty much box stock $40 Amazon special 1377 built in Dec 2012, never ceases to amaze me. Was shooting it allot tonight, and it just drives those pellets where it is pointed. Blows my mind how accurate it is, for being one of my least expensive and basic pistols, and using the factory peep sight. Have 3 others with LW barrels, and this one can easily keep up... for as good as I shoot. Am actually more accurate with it sometimes, because I am at times just plain shooting better with it in hand.

Am half scared to touch it with any mods, for fear of losing/ messing up what I already have... a nice solid shooting pistol. Am planning on probably just leaving it pretty much alone and enjoy it like it is for a long time. (am going to put a solid pin and SS safety in someday. Maybe take another coil out of the sear spring too)

I did have to lengthen the rear sight blade slot though, for the peep sight to actually sight in right.  Did a trigger job and added 1701p grips/ 1389 fore stock... and that's it. Pellets are the easiest to load out of all them, with the plastic breech. They just slide right in easy peasy.

Go figure!??

DaveB50

Here is my 2 cents worth, after reading this and other forums the last 6 months. It does seem that QC at Crosman is a crap shoot, have they had any recent leadership changes? That can sometimes come with bad business decisions. Just look at JC Penny, their new CEO decided that they would quit having sales, the very thing that draws Women into department stores, and now they are running TV ads begging them  to come back. LOL. I bought a Crosman Bugout kit a couple months ago, and after pumping that pistol a few times, I decided it wasn't worth keeping. The pump rod linkage seemed flimsy, and I could feel it grinding together as I pumped it. I then picked up a 26 year old 1377 that feels solid and smooth while pumping. I couldn't imagine that new one lasting a fraction of that time. I've begun buying older Crosman guns too, instead of the poor quality stuff they are producing now. The new multi pump guns seem to have the worst QC, it's as if they have given up on them. I have gotten a couple of decent Benjamin rifles, a PCP and a Break Barrel, but I have heard of accuracy problems with some of the barrels. The parts department is having their problems too, sending out the wrong parts, then wanting customers to send them back before they will send out the ones they ordered. I read a post today where they have sent the wrong barrel to a guy, twice. I recently ordered a 1701P trigger frame group, and received a bare, outdated, 2 screw frame that  clearly showed a different part number on the packaging than what I ordered. Crosman needs to get their act together. I don't mind paying more for quality, but I won't pay anything for junk.
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

Cwlongshot

The 2240 I bought a week or so back had problems with the rear site. The screw was too long and it would not tighten down.  Did not matter to me as I installed a steel breech right after shooting it for a base live accuracy and velocity.  But it still was broken...  3/13 born on date.

CW
BENJAMIN's: 392PA '11 • Marauder .25 • MAC1 tuned Disco .22 • 397P Nickle '81

CROSMAN's:  1389 Back Packer .20 '86 • Hawthorne M140 4th variant • 357 W/8'' '90 • 760 '75 • 1377 '13 CARBINE LOTS ''O'' Mods • 2200 Magnum '81 (First Gen) • 2100 '13 • 2240 '13 

DAISY's:  25 '10 • Red Ryder • 22X • 922

DIANA's:  34 .22 '05 (RWS)

SHERIDAN's:  Blue Streak '82  Steroid • Blue Streak '65 Steroid • Blue Streak '70 • Blue Streak '72 • C9 Blue Streak

WEBLY's:  Longbow .177 • Hurricane  .177

XISICO's:  XS60c .22 PCP

ettolo

hope our 3 x 1377 built in 8/12 (s.n. 812500173,4,5) where built under the 'old' QC!  ???

jSan22

seem like they don't even want to bring quality products into the market anymore. my titan was a bad experience that they want nothing to do with. I fear for the other crosman guns as well. the MTR77 is the only gun that intrigues me and I'm worried about that one as well.

agninja

To be fair, you shouldn't keep co2 carts in for extended periods of time.  If you want to shoot your pistol only a few times a day, just use a pumper or springer pistol. Then you don't have to worry about time constraints on your powerplant due to leakage.
Black air pistols matter.

BDS

Duck... sorry to hear about such a long string of bad product stuff you have been dealing with. I sent a lengthy letter to their President about two days ago re-capping the issues from this forum, my own observations and others and reminding him what a large Pile O.S. the entire Benjamin Trail line of rifles and now, pistol are. This is a 3 year old problem with these NP guns and now, they are stuffing them inside these so-called new guns, the TR77 and MTR77, what a waste of time. And their product line/mktg mgr sends me an email stating "what quality issues"? Seriously? Do they not count the returns from Walmart and the other big-boxers as they roll out of 40 foot trailers?

As for co2 storage, I have had no issues with 2240s, the 2300KT or other Cros guns, but have no experience with the 357, sounds like a new seal in that pin piercing area with lots o' silicone lube would help? Also, it's 98% plastic right? Maybe it doesn't do well under the compression of the tightening screw for the co2?

Brian

BerkshireHunter

I've had little issues here and there, and they should be reported. They are cheapening parts, cracked my m4-177 slightly. Hoping the mk177 improves the design, not just a gimmick for price increase. Just a glorious pumpmaster 760 afterall.

They shouldn't cheapen the 1377 or 2240 further imo, aluminum valves I'm not convinced are sufficient yet...

arkmaker †

Do not know if they will listen or not, but I am penning a letter tonight. They used to follow the forums for feedback, but as this forum is NOT a Crosman sponsor and privately owned, they might well skip over us.  ???
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Fronzdan

Can't say he's the problem, but Crosman did get a new CEO last July.  If I recall, the guy was not a "gun" person at all.

BDS

Ya, he's from the lipstick factory  :D or some other industry IIRC

I think part of the issue is how Crosman sees itself... Daisy hasn't been a viable threat for over 20 years (and won't be), Air Force in TX is a niche player and Crosman spends more on steel and parts in a month than Air Force sells all year, and that's about it for any other U.S. player of note. All else is niche, low-rate production or hobby stuff except for the big Chi-com imports, which arguably, Benjamin Trail NP guns are part of!

Not sure we matter and... this past 2 years of the "serious hunting" image with Jim Shockey and clan holding Benji rifles in front of 200 pound hogs? well... where's the real-world Rogue? (a .25 cal that actually looks like a gun and doesn't cost $2000). Where's the MAV77 Underlever from the 2012 SHOT Show? A TX200 clone for less than $300 is what we heard... is there an echo in here?  :D

Ya part and product quality is an issue... but Crosman customer satisfaction is even larger IMO.
Brian

KevinP

Quote from: Fronzdan on May 09, 2013, 11:23:01 PM
Can't say he's the problem, but Crosman did get a new CEO last July.  If I recall, the guy was not a "gun" person at all.

Ah the corporate world ... it's the bottom line for them .... only ... but perhaps as it has to be .........
Kevin
Albany, New York

mudduck48

Ah, the corporate world, nice. HP hired Meg witmen the former CEO of ebay to run there corp. Nuf said.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Fronzdan

Crosman CEO Phil Dolci came from management positions in playing card, marker (as in magic marker) and food industries.  :-X