• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Possibly a new project gun..

Started by Baltim0re28, May 11, 2013, 09:17:05 PM

Baltim0re28

When cruising around this morning and hitting up some local yard sales and happened to run across a deal I couldn't resist. Now I'm just wondering would I be better off restoring it and leave it stock or should I just start the upgrade process? The stamp on the side of the tube leads me to believe it was made May of '89.

It's a Crosman SSP-250 .177 cal.

This thing feels like it was built like a TANK. I have to clean it up and get the C02 cart unstuck so I can see if it even shoots.
James.

quickster47 †

Great gun.  You will love it.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Baltim0re28

I hadn't even heard of one before I saw this one. I basically payed the guy next to nothing for it, so I'm hoping that it isn't really messed up.
James.

Cwlongshot

I had one of those!!!

Nice find
CW
BENJAMIN's: 392PA '11 • Marauder .25 • MAC1 tuned Disco .22 • 397P Nickle '81

CROSMAN's:  1389 Back Packer .20 '86 • Hawthorne M140 4th variant • 357 W/8'' '90 • 760 '75 • 1377 '13 CARBINE LOTS ''O'' Mods • 2200 Magnum '81 (First Gen) • 2100 '13 • 2240 '13 

DAISY's:  25 '10 • Red Ryder • 22X • 922

DIANA's:  34 .22 '05 (RWS)

SHERIDAN's:  Blue Streak '82  Steroid • Blue Streak '65 Steroid • Blue Streak '70 • Blue Streak '72 • C9 Blue Streak

WEBLY's:  Longbow .177 • Hurricane  .177

XISICO's:  XS60c .22 PCP

breakfastchef

Clean it up and restore it. I think it holds more value in stock configuration. Parts diagram available from Crosman and plenty of information about the pistol on the web. Very good score.
Larry

BigErn

Great find!!! You guys always get so lucky at these yard sales  :-* Let us know if it still shoots!

Baltim0re28

A green seer??

I think I probably will just clean this up and leave it stock. It seems to be in great condition. With maybe one little tiny spec of rust..
James.

arkmaker †

Restore it to original!!! Great guns just as they are  :-*

Excellent find. Wish I found it!
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Baltim0re28

Grip frame had a lot less metal to it back when this was built. And the hammer and spring are way different.

James.

Crosshairs

Nice find congrats  :-* i have one and really like it leave it stock.
                         Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Trophyhunter49

:-*  That's a Great find :-* I would put it ALL stock! :-*

KevinP

I want one ... have the grip frame ..............
Kevin
Albany, New York

Tater

Looks like you snagged a good one.   :-*
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Baltim0re28

Funny thing is I feel like the guy was just a one gun type airgun guy. He bought it a long time ago, shot it a few times then threw it in the closet. Then today he decided to bring his "old junk" out and get a couple bucks. I'm still smiling about how cheap I got it for and the fact that I almost had to push my 8 year old son away when the guy said how much he wanted for it. I saw my son race to pull his cash out and I was like "NO, IT'S MINE!!!" I'm in the process of cleaning it up right now and I can tell you that this thing is in immaculate condition. Ill have to get a few more pics when I get it back together.
James.

arkmaker †

I think that is a 2-stage hammer. Pull to 1st click for low power and 2nd click for high power.
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22