• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Red Palm Wood grips... Who made them?

Started by georgep1111, May 13, 2013, 04:41:10 PM

georgep1111

I recently bought this used 2300T and it came with custom Red Palm Wood grips (they also would fit my 1377C and I assume other 22xx's).  The PO did not remember where he got them from so I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to find the maker to get suggestions on the proper "Care & Feeding" of them.  I periodically wipe down my gun with oil and want to keep the grips in clean/fresh condition also, but I have heard that it would be best to find out how they were stabilized and sealed before I wipe them down with Tung or other such oils/cleaners.

I have looked through the 6 pages in the Links section here, Google, and have also followed up on suggestions that it might be Rick (Airgrips.com), Pedro and Carl (Airgundevelopment), John (hellgrips), Keith's Grips (Airgunartisans), and got responses back that they did not make them.

So.... If anyone happens to recognize them or have suggestions as to who may have made them I'd like to hear about it.

tnx
George

eric

i would say hellgrips98 http://hellgrips98.webs.com/ he was a member here but hasn't been seen for sometime now
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

quickster47 †

Quote from: eric on May 13, 2013, 09:26:47 PM
i would say hellgrips98 http://hellgrips98.webs.com/ he was a member here but hasn't been seen for sometime now

It was Hellgrips and he has since faded from view.  He was located in the Philippines if I remember correctly.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

breakfastchef

I suggested Hellgrips made those on another fourm, but the OP posted that John claimed he did not make the grips. I clearly remember him showing off a set of these palm wood grips here on CAPOF a year ago or so.
Larry

eric

TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

Cwlongshot

Well whom ever did they did a good job and are a different wood to say the least. I think that they look good.  :-\ :-\ Almost like micardia. <SP>  I have a couple knives with this material.

I like different and I like these!

CW
BENJAMIN's: 392PA '11 • Marauder .25 • MAC1 tuned Disco .22 • 397P Nickle '81

CROSMAN's:  1389 Back Packer .20 '86 • Hawthorne M140 4th variant • 357 W/8'' '90 • 760 '75 • 1377 '13 CARBINE LOTS ''O'' Mods • 2200 Magnum '81 (First Gen) • 2100 '13 • 2240 '13 

DAISY's:  25 '10 • Red Ryder • 22X • 922

DIANA's:  34 .22 '05 (RWS)

SHERIDAN's:  Blue Streak '82  Steroid • Blue Streak '65 Steroid • Blue Streak '70 • Blue Streak '72 • C9 Blue Streak

WEBLY's:  Longbow .177 • Hurricane  .177

XISICO's:  XS60c .22 PCP

georgep1111

Yes I did have John (hellgrips) on my list as responding back that they were not his.  Just to make sure I was not reading one thing and thinking another (Senior Moment) I just got done sending him the email and the photos again.  I did check out the link of his grips.... there sure is a bunch of them  :-\

tnx for the suggestions and I'll post back here if/when I find the maker.

George

KevinP

Please do, I would love to have a set ...   :-\
Kevin
Albany, New York

breakfastchef

Hey George, ask John where he has been. I miss seeing photos of his grips.

Quote from: georgep1111 on May 14, 2013, 02:01:28 AM
Yes I did have John (hellgrips) on my list as responding back that they were not his.  Just to make sure I was not reading one thing and thinking another (Senior Moment) I just got done sending him the email and the photos again.  I did check out the link of his grips.... there sure is a bunch of them  :-\

tnx for the suggestions and I'll post back here if/when I find the maker.

George
Larry

crossliner

I tried to contact Mr. HG thru email a week or so ago and so far no feedbacks. I think he is a Filipino like me his avatar is our flag. His grips are also lumber w/c can be found in our country. Also the tel. number on his site is not a Philippine-based one I had it traced this afternoon by the largest telecom company in the Phils...We are limited to 7 digits only and his is 10..Funny thing because when I dialed the number by using a 02 area code ( Manila area code) it rang and someone answered and the guy said in Filipino yes in Filipino that he does not know anyone by that name nor does he know anything about airgun grips..I told the telecom co of what transpired and they insisted that the number is not a domestic one but international  ???

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

crossliner

Ah alright Mr. Kevin..The guy who answered the phone spoke in Tagalog a Filipino dialect because I spoke to him 1st in the same language..I wonder why he said he does not know anything about airgun grips..If his stock are from the Phils. I would like to get a pair or two myself particularly a Kamagong lumber like this one..There are versions that are very dark my brother has 3 wide and thick planks of this lumber but somewhat reddish..

There is this wood in Mindanao Phils. ( this is where I am ) that is unique and very durable..It's also rare it's called Bansilay it looks laminated but it's not..Here is a sample my apologies for the ugly gun  :)  but no it's not mine it's my friend's..

Mr. GeorgeP111 sorry for the intrusion. Best regards.

georgep1111

Quote from: crossliner on May 14, 2013, 04:05:06 PM
Mr. GeorgeP111 sorry for the intrusion. Best regards.

No intrusion... No apology required.  I have not got a response on my email to him yesterday yet, so if you should have a chance to connect with him, please ask about my Palm grips.

tnx
George

breakfastchef

I really do not foresee any problems with maintaining your grips with a simple cleaning cloth. If water beads up on the surface, chances are they are sealed and protected with oil, poly or other such topcoat. If you feel the need to 'feed' them, a product like Howard's Feed-N-Wax or other type of wood conditioner/polish would work just fine.
Larry

Fronzdan

I'd love to buy some hell grips...wish he'd come back.  And Crossliner...that gun is anything by ugly. Looks bad ass.