• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Great News

Started by Gareth, May 15, 2013, 03:36:56 PM

Gareth

I received THE message from Crosman that my 2400KT carbine has shipped. YES!  ;D
Even my wife enjoys shooting my 2300KT pistol. It's reliable, accurate, attractive, relatively quiet, and just plain fun to shoot. This is why I ordered the 2400KT carbine. If it's a handy dandy too, I'll be happier than a kitten with a fresh bowl of warm milk.  :)
BTW, as I stated in my introductory message, I will be posting chrono results shortly.

quickster47 †

CONGRATULATIONS!!!  Getting new toys is always fun and that you can share it with your wife makes it that much better.  :-*

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

Baltim0re28

You surely did get lucky. Having a wife/GF that likes to shoot makes life a little easier.
Btw that is wife OR GF. But I'm guessing if you had a wife AND GF that liked to shoot that wouldn't be too bad either, unless its at you. ;D you will love the 2400kt, I have one and its a great shooter.
James.

Crosshairs

Yeah baby you got a sweet shooter congrats  :-*
                     Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Gareth

Guess what?
A friendly fellow who drives one of those big brown trucks just delivered my new 2400KT carbine... YippeeKiYayyyy! ;D

Oh, this is one sweet handlin' baby, fellows. Aside from the weight factor, the 2400 reminds me of my Kel-Tec 9x19 Sub 2000. It has a 14" barrel equipped with a black compensator, and a black trigger shoe. Yesssss!  :)

However, before I try it out, I'll force myself to be patient and read the owners manual that accompanied it. Then I will thoroughly clean it inside and out. Also, even though I ordered my 2300 with a 10" barrel, a black trigger shoe, and MIM sights, I didn't have any kind of sights installed on the 2400 since I already have an adaptable Weaver mount for it. So, let me know if you think I should use a red dot, or a low powered scope for the carbine? (I have both)

BTW, my wife came from an anti-gun family. But it wasn't long after we were married she was blazing away with her own scoped, Deluxe Ruger 10/22, and a Taurus 9x19 24/7 DAO pistol at the range... I seem to have this inate positive effect on women.  ;)

nomobux

Congrats. Ordered mine about a week ago. The sickness continues.
" I GOTTS NOMOBUX "

arkmaker †

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

KevinP

I'll force myself to be patient and read the owners manual that accompanied it.

I didn't think anybody did that   ;D ;D
Kevin
Albany, New York

bgmcgee

Quote from: KevinP on May 16, 2013, 12:00:24 AM
I'll force myself to be patient and read the owners manual that accompanied it.

I didn't think anybody did that   ;D ;D
There was an owner's manual??????  ;D
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

Gareth

Quote from: bgmcgee on May 16, 2013, 01:17:41 AM
There was an owner's manual? ??? ??  ;D
Yes, if that's what they choose to call it. It contains very little useful information other than common sense safety advice. But, I was a good boy and perused it anyway.
Well, I thoroughly cleaned my new 2400 carbine this afternoon, concentrating on the bore, which I do with firearms as well.
Since I decided to go ahead and mount a red dot sight on it, I removed the front sight post and replaced it with the tap they carelessly provided in the same packet as their owner's manual.
When I was done polishing my 2400, I replaced the extractor claw, spring, and retaining pin in my early edition S&W 5906 pistol, which was a tedious task, to say the least. But, thankfully, it's done and over with.
I would be glad to provide photos of my 2300 and 2400 CO2 arms if anyone is interested... You all do seem to be a decent bunch of intelligent fellows.  :)

nomobux

Quote from: Gareth on May 16, 2013, 10:18:44 PM
Yes, if that's what they choose to call it. It contains very little useful information other than common sense safety advice. But, I was a good boy and perused it anyway.
Well, I thoroughly cleaned my new 2400 carbine this afternoon, concentrating on the bore, which I do with firearms as well.
Since I decided to go ahead and mount a red dot sight on it, I removed the front sight post and replaced it with the tap they carelessly provided in the same packet as their owner's manual.
When I was done polishing my 2400, I replaced the extractor claw, spring, and retaining pin in my early edition S&W 5906 pistol, which was a tedious task, to say the least. But, thankfully, it's done and over with.
I would be glad to provide photos of my 2300 and 2400 CO2 arms if anyone is interested... You all do seem to be a decent bunch of intelligent fellows.  :)

I'd love to see it. Mine is ordered. Scope, etc are on the way also.  Give us a report also when time allows.  Thanx
" I GOTTS NOMOBUX "

Gareth

Quote from: nomobux on May 16, 2013, 10:27:33 PM
I'd love to see it. Mine is ordered. Scope, etc are on the way also.  Give us a report also when time allows.  Thanx
Will do.  :)

Gareth

I decided to mount a UTG red dot sight on my new 2400KT carbine. Once I zeroed it using 14 grain RWS Meisterkugeln wadcutters, it has proven to deliver consistent accuracy. The depicted target sheet displays the final group I fired at 35' with the forestock steadied on a sandbag rest. The lowest shot is not a flyer. I deliberately used a six o'clock hold for the first shot. The four round group near twelve o'clock was made holding dead center. At sixty feet, it cuts the bull, which is what I want.

Temperature was 70 degrees, with no noticeable breeze when I shot this morning.

Since I'm used to shooting firearms, my only complaint regarding both the 2300 pistol, and 2400 carbine is they seem to be a bit muzzle light.

1377x

congrats
nothing better than getting a new gun
a 5906, that's one of my favorite pistols, its right behind a beretta 92fs preferably the eliteii ;) :)
closed mouths dont get fed