• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Great day for shooting

Started by Crosshairs, June 08, 2013, 02:25:28 PM

Crosshairs

Yesterday was a crappy day as most know so i did shoot almost all day. Shooting this gun sighing in that gun checking fps on another gun. Then i noticed how steady my hands were so i started looking for a real good shooter for the one hand only match. Well as most of us here we get better with age i was shooting my Crosman 150 that looks like crap all worn and hardly any bluing left on it but don't let looks fool you. From 16'4" i was hitting the center of the bulls eye at least 3 out of 5 shots i went through one cart doing this and shocked myself to how good i was shooting. My 150 was made in 1954 the same year i was born i'm starting to thing there is some king of connection here between gun and man. I must give the 150 most of the credit on this one now why can't i shoot like this all the time. I almost felt like a young shooter with my steady hands, oh well just wanted to share I'm sure you all have had days like this. Needless to say i think i found the gun i was looking for.
                                        Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

chongman

Good on ya Mike!

Some days you eat the bear, other days the bear it's you  :D
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

bgmcgee

Cool shooter and glad you had a great shooting day on top of that. :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

breakfastchef

Nice story, Mike. It is good to be vintage, isn't it?
Larry

Crosshairs

Quote from: chongman on June 08, 2013, 03:21:43 PM
Good on ya Mike!

Some days you eat the bear, other days the bear it's you  :D
LOL how true Michael but we coming back for more don't we. I may be old but i don't smell yet. ;D
                                           Mike

Crosshairs

Quote from: bgmcgee on June 08, 2013, 03:28:43 PM
Cool shooter and glad you had a great shooting day on top of that. :-*
Thanks bgm i'm sure we all had them good days when your shooting so good you don't want to stop i thank i went through 20 or more carts. And to make the day even better my little one came up and shot with me for about a hour.
                  Mike

BigErn

That gun looks beat up to you Mike?? Looks pretty good to me  :D  Great story shooter!

Crosshairs

Quote from: breakfastchef on June 08, 2013, 03:28:59 PM
Nice story, Mike. It is good to be vintage, isn't it?
Thanks Larry !! Yeah vintage isn't so bad at all.
              Mike

Crosshairs

Quote from: BigErn on June 08, 2013, 05:24:49 PM
That gun looks beat up to you Mike?? Looks pretty good to me  :D  Great story shooter!
Thanks Big E !!  I did rebuild it about two years ago and was thinking of a paint job but didn't as you can see ;D but now it's starting to show some lite rust so i think i should give her a new life. Some DuraCoat would do the job nicely.
                            Mike

KevinP

' 54 .... young in ....   :)
Kevin
Albany, New York

Brent

Pretty Cool Mike! :-*
You do gotta love one of those days where it just feels good... and the hand is steady!! :)
I need one of those to come around too! ;) ;D

Crosshairs

Quote from: KevinP on June 08, 2013, 07:14:56 PM
' 54 .... young in ....   :)
Quote from: Brent on June 08, 2013, 07:44:18 PM
Pretty Cool Mike! :-*
You do gotta love one of those days where it just feels good... and the hand is steady!! :)
I need one of those to come around too! ;) ;D
And you would think i would have shot a few monthly matches, i think i was having to much fun shooting good.
                                       Mike

targettgii

Cool Mike  8). Yeah just love those days when the shots drop right in and you almost feel them hitting the target. :-* :-* :-*
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Crosshairs

Quote from: targettgii on June 08, 2013, 08:11:08 PM
Cool Mike  8). Yeah just love those days when the shots drop right in and you almost feel them hitting the target. :-* :-* :-*
Yep you got it, maybe it's the rain ;D
                              mike

Cross Pistol Packer

With the right pellets my 150 shoots straight,not sure on its age,me,I am a 56 model.
Near binned this 150,for when I brought it it was mint,then the rust bug hit big time,left it in case with moisture absorber wife brought home,it sucked up loads of H2o & then dumped it all over pistol,it looked a mess,after got over shock,stripped down pistol & re blued with cold blue,dont look to bad now. 
Crosmans, start as a hobby,then an obsession...