• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

questions on my back packer

Started by DaveT, June 11, 2013, 06:38:55 AM

Cross Pistol Packer

15 pumps Mike,flat top AC brass piston & ac breathed on valve :-*
Crosmans, start as a hobby,then an obsession...

Crosshairs

Quote from: Cross Pistol Packer on June 11, 2013, 09:12:16 PM
15 pumps Mike,flat top AC brass piston & ac breathed on valve :-*
Sweet AC made nice stuff i have a set in two of my pumpers and wish he was still around a real nice guy too.
                     Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

recklessridr

I have an old side tap original 1389. VERY mild on the mods.  shortened the lead on the breech end 0.125" so it would be less picky about what pellets  shoot straight. crowned the barrel, an modestly chamfered the exhaust port on the valve for a little better flow. 90 durometer O-rings replaced the stock ones. still no FTP or valve, as I still use the old side tap breech. 18 pumps gives 692 fps on the crony  ( shortening the breech end of the barrel gave 6 FPS in crease measured on a 100 shot string)
if I want to really pump it up I can take tree rats out to 25 yds,, but no more.
BAM  51
crosman 140
crosman 1389
crosman 2289
crosman 1377
benji   310
kessler .22
SP 2

akmccue

Here are some .22 Crosman barrels. Any of these will work on your gun.
          Original  Gun    part #
14.5"       2289         2289-001   Has no dimple - originally 13xx guns
14.5"       2250         2250-019   Has dimple for barrel band - originally 22xx guns
18"          2400kt      2400-102 

I thought the 2289 barrel was 12" or is that just on the Doomsday Bugout?
"The use of air to move an object from point A to point B comes closest to describing the space time continuum as demonstrated by modern physics"
                           Albert Einstein

DaveT

I called Crosman the other day and gave them the numder for the 18" barrel and the lady told me those only went on their custom guns and couldn't be purchased. Any one else have this problem?
Dave.....

AaronMB

Quote from: DaveT on June 14, 2013, 12:28:42 PM
I called Crosman the other day and gave them the numder for the 18" barrel and the lady told me those only went on their custom guns and couldn't be purchased. Any one else have this problem?

One has to be on record as having purchased a custom gun through Crosman to be eligible for buying custom gun parts.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." -Twain

Fronzdan

They are very firm on not selling custom shop parts to anyone that doesn't have a custom shop gun.  Did you give the part for the XT?  You should be able to order the 18" for the 2400.  Different part number...same barrel.

BDS

How about the old 2260 or 1760 rifles? Not sure if those were 18" barrels?

P/N 2260-7 or 1760-01
Brian